If you’re a designer looking for work, chances are you’ve come across 99designs. But is it legit? Is it a scam? In this 99designs review, we’ll break down what the company is, its pros and cons, and whether or not you should use it.
What is 99designs?
99designs is an online marketplace that connects freelance designers with clients who need design work done. Clients can choose from various design packages (such as logo, website, etc.) and post their project on the site. Designers then submit their proposals in the form of original artwork. The client then reviews all submissions and chooses the one they like best.
Pros and Cons of 99designs :
Pros of 99designs
- Access to a wide variety of talent from all over the world
- Easy-to-use interface for both clients and designers
- Opportunity to gain exposure for your work by entering contests
- Affordable pricing compared to hiring a traditional graphic designer
Cons of 99designs
- Lack of quality control, as anyone can join regardless of experience or skill level
- Competition can be fierce when many people are submitting designs for the same project
- Lower pay rate than hiring a freelancer directly due to fees charged by 99designs
Overall, 99designs is a legitimate platform that offers good opportunities for both clients and designers alike. If you’re looking to hire talented designers or showcase your own work, it’s worth checking out. Just keep in mind that competition can be stiff so make sure you stand out!