If you’re a designer looking for work, chances are you’ve come across 99designs. But is it legit? Is it a scam? In this 99designs review, we’ll break down what the company is, its pros and cons, and whether or not you should use it.
What is 99designs?
99designs is an online marketplace that connects freelance designers with clients who need design work done. Clients can choose from design packages (such as logos, websites, etc.) and post their projects on the site. Designers then submit their proposals in the form of original artwork. The client then reviews all submissions and chooses the one they like best.
Pros and Cons of 99designs
Pros of 99designs
- Access to a wide variety of talent from all over the world
- Easy-to-use interface for both clients and designers
- Opportunity to gain exposure for your work by entering contests
- Affordable pricing compared to hiring a traditional graphic designer
Cons of 99designs
- Lack of quality control, as anyone can join regardless of experience or skill level.
- Competition can be fierce when many people submit designs for the same project.
- Lower pay rate than hiring a freelancer directly due to fees charged by 99designs
Overall, 99designs is a legitimate platform that offers good opportunities for clients and designers. If you’re looking to hire talented designers or showcase your work, it’s worth checking out. Remember that competition can be stiff, so make sure you stand out!
Leave a comment