Is Ameriplan a Scam or a Legit Work From Home Opportunity?
Chances are if you came to our Ameriplan review, you're probably wondering if this is the real money maker or just another scam like countless others out there.
As an end user, we're in a good position to share our experience with the company Ameri plan. (Not using them currently, used them for well over an year in the past).
They have been around for a while now and aren't a name many are unaware of. Our in-depth review will help you decide whether or not you should consider ameriplan.
What Is Ameriplan?
Ameriplan is a firm based out of Texas that offers discounted health care, prescription, and dental plans. It was founded in 1992, there are thousands of people promoting the company today as a biz op.
The international company has a lot to offer - all the way from discounted hospital stays to dental & healthcare packages.
Keep in mind that's not your usual health insurance but more like a discounted healthcare plan using which you can save some money on your next visit to the doctor.
Company: Ameriplan USA
Costs: $12.95 - $150+ monthly
Founders: Daniel and Dennis Bloom
Like many other business opportunities, ameriplan also features an MLM-type of structure through which you can earn commissions by recruiting people and getting them to join through your links.
How Does It Work?
Ameriplan has a number of membership options, you’ll be selecting one of these:
- Ameriplan MD Plus – You’ll get discounts on prescriptions for your whole family and get 24/7 access to a physician. It costs $12.95 monthly.
- Ameriplan Dental Plus – You get discounts on dental, vision, prescriptions and on chiropractic. You’d pay $19.95 monthly for this plan.
- Ameriplan Healthcare – Basically all the above and access to some added benefits. Some of the facilities include – ameridoc program, physical therapy, lab procedures, imaging centers and mental health services. Comes in at $49.95 per month. Also helps cover your hospital bills in case the bill is over $2500.
- Ameriplan Platinum Plus – Dental plus package is included with this plan. You’d also get discounts on dining out, theme parks, shopping, movie theaters, and on automotive. Additional discounts available on high speed internet and PC purchases. This plan costs $50 monthly.
- Ameriplan Total Platinum – Same as the platinum plan. ID theft protection is included with some extra features. Costs $75 a month.
- Ameriplan Platinum Freedom Pass – Same as platinum plan, but medical plan is also included here. You’d get additional discounts on cruises, hotel bookings, golfing, and much more. It comes in at $150 a month – basically everyone in your household is covered.
How To Make Money With Ameriplan
It all depends on the membership plan you get with them. The $50/m plan pays out 20% commissions on the sales you get. With the $75 total platinum plan, you get 30% of the sale value, and with the $150 per month plan your share is 40%.
To make any money at all with ameriplan, the commissions you receive should be obviously greater than what you pay to the company on a monthly basis. For eg. if you’re with the $150/month plan, you need to make sure your commissions exceed $150 a month.
To earn with ameriplan, you can either recruit people so you make money off them or you can sell the healthcare packages the company offers or do both.
It can be a good option for stay at home moms looking to make some money working from home. If you’re good with closing sales, it can be something you should consider moving forward.
Is Ameriplan a Scam?
Well, not really. It is not a scam but it isn’t something with which you can retire anytime soon either. It can be a decent alternative if you’re looking to make some bucks working online but it’s hardly a day job replacement.
We don’t like how expensive it can be and if you’re just breaking even somehow on your monthly fee, that makes ameriplan a bad investment. If you love MLMs, then it’s definitely worth checking out. I personally don’t like MLMs.
Closing Thoughts & Conclusion
Like we said, ameriplan is not a scam but it isn’t a great business opportunity either. Not everyone is good at closing sales the old-school way with phone calls and with recruiting people.
There are a lot of ways with which you can work from home and make a living. If that’s something you’re looking for, definitely recommend you check out our our #1 recommendation for making money online.
The business model is affiliate marketing, and the sky is the limit here. Taking action is key, overnight riches are just a myth. You have to put in the work to get the results you want. It’s all about learning new skills and putting them to work.