Looking to buy some discounted gift cards? There’s a good chance you’ve come across a platform named Cardpool.
The website claims you can get good deals on several gift cards. Is it legitimate or a scam? Can you get real discounts on gift cards? That’s what we’ll be covering in this Cardpool review today.
It’s always nice to do some research since, with it, you can identify legit products that work and also avoid online scams at the same time.
Cardpool is a platform that specializes in buying/selling gift cards. If you place an order with them, your gift card will come with a 12-months warranty, and they offer free shipping as well.
Buy discounted gift card vouchers.
With their gift cards, you can get up to 35% discount on all your purchases. If you want to sell one to the company, expect to receive up to 92% of your gift card’s said value. They also verify gift cards’ validity by processing transactions from time to time.
You can either get a discount on a gift card or get paid in real cash if you want to sell a coupon code. Before you sell your voucher, you will have to mention your card balance and the vendor’s name. Once it’s all verified and approved, you will receive a check via mail.
Cardpool works with several retailers, which is why there’s a proper review process before your card is approved. The goal is to make sure it’s something people desire and that it meets the criteria set by the product vendors.
They also have a mobile application that is available on the Apple store. With it, you can buy/sell, and redeem cards. All of your accrued balance will be securely stored in a digital wallet. However, for listing a card on the marketplace, the only option to accomplish that is by going to the main site.
Income Potential – Is Cardpool Legit?
You can definitely make some dough selling your unused gift cards. If you sell one, the rates will depend on many factors. Depending on the card type and the merchant, it will vary.
Once your card is listed, there are two ways to get paid:
- When the card is placed and is live on the marketplace
- When the payment is processed
However, you will still have to wait till someone makes a purchase and orders your gift card. The moment a buyer receives your card, you will get paid.
With physical cards, it’s a bit of a chore. You’ll have to print the Cardpool shipping label and then paste it on the card. You can sell both physical and virtual cards if the value exceeds $15.
If you can bring more people into the system via referrals, that’s even better. For your marketing efforts, you can make $5 for every purchase one of your referrals make. Also, if you use Amazon gift card to redeem a cashback, you can make an extra $5 on your gift card sales.
There are two ways to receive payments from CardPool:
- Amazon gift card that you can redeem on your next purchases on Amazon.
- Paper check sent to your mail (usually arrives in a week’s time).
You may have to use supported kiosks if you want to get instant payments. Simply carry your unique ID and the card, and exchange it for cash at the kiosk. With some of the vendors listed on the website, you can directly enter the voucher code and get reimbursed accordingly.
See Related: Ways to Get Free Gas Gift Cards
Things We Didn’t Like
Here are a few things you need to keep in mind if you intend to get started with the platform.
- Their customer support isn’t the best out there, and some people regularly report the same.
- If it’s a physical gift card and you’re a customer, shipping may take a while. However, this is more of a shipping issue than an issue with Cardpool.
- If you’re unlucky, you may receive a gift card with a zero balance. This may happen if the card’s security is compromised or if the issuer cancels it at some stage.
- You can profit from the system if you have a gift card with a value exceeding $15. If it doesn’t meet the criteria, you won’t be approved.
- Depending on the demand, sometimes a sale may take forever, and thus, you won’t be receiving any payments for a while.
- If it’s just the extra income stream that you’re interested in, the potential is very limited. There are far better ways to make a living working online. All that’s needed from you is some commitment of time and effort.
Things We Liked
There’s a lot to like about Cardpool. Not only do they have excellent feedback on many websites, but they’ve also been in the game for more than a decade.
- A+ Rating on Better Business Bureau – The company has been at it for a while and has an A+ rating on BBB since it first got listed in 2012. That’s an excellent rating score, and few companies come this close.
- No expiry dates on the gift cards – you can buy a card and use it whenever you want as there are no expiration dates. You don’t have to redeem it unless you’re ready for purchase.
- Free shipping on all your gift card purchases.
- With popular vendors like Apple and Best Buy, you can receive up to 92% of your card’s value.
- The company offers gift cards in multiple markets. There are a lot of options – gas, restaurants, electronics, and clothing being some of them.
- Cardpool offers a money-back guarantee if you’re not satisfied for any reason.
- If you’re an avid shopper, these vouchers can save you a lot of money in the long run.
Final Words – Is Cardpool a Scam?
If you’re wondering if Cardpool is legit, rest assured it is.
Cardpool is a legitimate platform that deals in gift cards. If you shop regularly, you can greatly benefit from the company. You can also sell some of your unused cards for a quick buck. Their rates are very reasonable as well.
There are a few things to keep in mind. If you’re purchasing a physical card, it may take a while before it arrives at your doorstep. That’s because of the obvious hurdles one faces with physical products. Sometimes shipping takes forever; that’s life.
However, if you intend to join just for the income potential via selling gift cards, you’d be disappointed. There are far better alternatives out there if you’re keen on making some dough online.
It’s possible to generate a healthy passive income working from the comfort of your home. It will require you to acquire a real skill, though. Also, you will have to put in the work to reap the rewards.
Looking To Make Your First Dollar Online?
We got your back. If you’re looking to work from home, we can help you get started in the right direction. Affiliate marketing is one of our favorite business models, and for a good reason. It can help you achieve financial, location, and time-freedom in time.
Our top recommendation has helped hundreds of people escape their 9-5 day jobs and has helped them earn a realistic 4-5 figure per month online. It has been going strong for more than a decade now, and the strategies have stood the test of time.
It will ask for some investment of your time and efforts, though. If you’re ready to start your own profitable online business and finally increase the monthly cash flow your businesses generate, we highly recommend you give it a shot. If you ask us, it’s totally worth it.