If you are a talented content writer who is looking to showcase his or her talents, then the good news is you do this remotely.
Instead of having to find a job in-house, you can work from home as a content writer, working with a wide variety of websites and a number of clients. On the other hand, you might be wondering how you can go about finding clients.
In order to streamline your working relationship, it is a good idea to use a freelance writing website. I remember when I was first trying to make it as a writer, I was wondering which website to choose.
If you are looking for the best freelance websites, there are a few options from which to choose. Take a look at a few of our top suggestions below!
Materials Needed To Become a Freelance Writer on the Best Freelance Websites
If you want to become a freelance writer, the good news is that you will not need much. To become a strong content writer, you will require:
- A list of the qualifications that you are looking for in a writer you are trying to hire
- A way to accept payments from clients
- A reliable, strong internet connection
- A computer
After you have gathered the materials that you need to become a writer, it is time to check out a few of the best freelance writing websites available.
1. Writer Access
Without a doubt, one of the best freelance websites out there for writers is Writer Access. This freelance website has been around for close to 10 years. Now, it has a global presence.
Writer Access is used by individuals and corporations alike. With access to hundreds of qualified writers from all over the world and a wide variety of clients, it is relatively easy to join Writer Access and become a member of their talented teams.
When you use Writer Access, it is easy to be overwhelmed by the number of features that you have at your disposal. To make this process easier, there are a few questions that you need to answer before you start writing on Writer Access.
Some of the questions that you should answer include:
- What Type of Writing Do I Do? Think about the type of content writing that you perform. For example, are you looking to write a research paper for someone? Or, are you looking to write blog posts? This is going to significantly influence the type of work you will get.
- What Is my Price? What do you think is a fair price for the work that you do? Think about how much money you are going to charge for your writing. This will impact the type of work that you will claim on Writer Access
- What Is the Tone I am Looking To Strike? Finally, you also need to think about the tone of voice you are trying to strike with your content writing.
Do you want your writing to be written in first-person, second-person, or third-person?
Furthermore, are you trying to strike an academic time with your writing? Or, are you trying to strike a friendly, personable tone?
Finally, you can use the search features available on Writer Access to help you find the right clients. Or, you can visit something called the casting call section.
For the casting call, you will submit an application to the individual call and the client will contact you if you are chosen.
While you do not have to visit this section, this can help you get more jobs. As you complete your work, you will be added to “love lists’ that you will use to collect more assignments in the future.
You might want to try out a variety of features on Writer Access to help you find the right work for you. Clearly, Writer Access is one of the best freelance content writing websites available.
Another one of the best freelance writing websites from which to choose is called Fiverr. Fiverr is a website that is designed for not only content writing with a wide variety of other freelance jobs as well. With Fiverr, you will be able to work numerous jobs and expand your skill set.
If you are looking to become a content writer, then Fiverr should definitely be on your list. Some of the major advantages of using Fiverr include:
- Fiverr is one of the most affordable freelance platforms available. Projects on this platform will start as low as $5, allowing you to find quick projects you can complete quickly to get your feet under you.
- This platform also provides you with access to numerous clients from all over the world. With such a large pool of clients from which to choose, you should have an easy time finding work on this platform.
- Fiverr provides you with the opportunity to work on a myriad of projects. If you happen to want to do other work aside from just writing, Fiverr will let you expand accordingly.
Even though these benefits are important, there are also a few drawbacks to using Fiverr as well. Fiverr can be challenging to navigate for those who are not familiar with the user interface.
Because this platform is not designed specifically for content writing, the platform is not necessarily laid out for those who are specifically looking to become copywriters.
As a result, it can be challenging to navigate the website, cut through the jobs, and find the right work to meet your needs. Despite this, Fiverr is one of the oldest freelance platforms available. Therefore, it remains one of the best freelance content writing websites.
See Related: Fiverr vs Freelancer
Another one of the best freelance writing websites out there is called Solidgigs. Solidgigs is a freelance writing platform that is relatively new.
However, it also has the advantage of being able to capitalize on some of the other problems that have plagued other freelance writing websites in the past.
Therefore, this site has been designed with the user in mind. Even though the website started as a relatively small enterprise with only 50 freelancers, it has grown quickly.
You can use Solidgigs to look at a wide variety of jobs, including content writing. Then, Solidgigs will send you assignments directly if you are qualified for their projects.
That way, you don’t have to cut through scam websites trying to find actual work. Some of the major benefits of using Solidgigs include:
- This platform is owned by freelancers. Therefore, it has been designed specifically with freelancers and their clients in mind. As a result, Solidgigs is one of the most intuitive platforms to use.
- In addition, Solidgigs provides customized job lists to each of its users. As a result, you can rest easy, knowing that your jobs are going to be tailored to what you do best, ensuring that you will build a strong working relationship with your clients.
- Finally, the customer support Solidgigs is absolutely outstanding. If you have any questions or concerns about the quality of your work, the customer support team from Solidgigs will get back to you quickly.
Even though Solidgigs is one of the best freelance websites, it is still relatively new. Therefore, their talent pool and client options might be a little bit small.
It is important to keep this in mind when you are looking for the best freelance writing websites out there. With all of this in mind, Solidgigs is still one of the top websites for copywriters.
Another website that you may want to use to find a copywriter is called TopTal. TopTal is a platform that has been designed for freelance development talent and project managers.
Therefore, even though TopTal has not been designed specifically for copywriting, it is a great platform for anyone who is looking to work with some of the most talented professionals and biggest brand names in the world.
Some of the biggest categories that are available on TopTal include:
- Web developers who can be hired hourly, part-time, or full-time
- Designers who can help you with a wide variety of content marketing needs
- Finance professionals who can help you with large projects that you need to grow your business accordingly
If you want to be accepted as part of the TopTal team, there is an application process that you will have to go through. You will need to create a profile on TopTal on their website and use the section that says “apply as a freelancer.”
Then, you will need to prove your credentials before you will be able to accept jobs on TopTal, include content writing. Because of this application process, TopTal has a great reputation throughout the industry.
Therefore, if you do get accepted to work on TopTal, you know that you are going to have access to jobs that pay well. This makes TopTal one of the best freelance writing websites for industry professionals.
See Related: Best Apps for Freelancers
If you are looking for the best freelance websites, then you might want to think about using 99designs as well. On 99designs, you are going to look at job requests that have been posted by a wide variety of clients.
Then, you will submit design ideas for the request. You will be able to see the budget that has been provided by the client and pitch your design based on that budget. If your design is picked, then you will get to work with that client and take over their design.
Some of the main benefits of using 99designs include:
- There is a lot of work available on 99designs, allowing you to take a look at numerous projects and apply to as many as you would like
- 99designs has a relatively short turnaround time, which allows you to get in a groove as you apply to various projects and complete them on your own schedule
- Clients that use 99designs are serious, as is indicated by their content briefs, ensuring that you are going to have access to major projects on a regular basis
One of the downsides of using 99designs is that there are a lot of hungry designers out there. As a result, you might find yourself competing against a lot of other designers for projects through this platform. 99designs does an outstanding job of marketing, ensuring that you are going to have a steady stream of jobs to which to apply.
As you get used to the site, you will be able to increase your success rate when you apply, expanding your skillset and client base. You can even get repeat clients through 99designs.
See Related: 99designs vs Fiverr
Finally, if you are looking for the best freelance content writing websites, then you will want to think about using Clearvoice.
If you have ever gotten tired of looking for jobs on some of the other best freelance writing websites, then you may like the change of pace that Clearvoice provides. On Clearvoice, the jobs come to you.
At first, Clearvoice is going to ask you to spend some time filling out your CV. This means posting evidence of the prior work that you have done so that you can establish yourself as an industry professional.
This might include work that you have completed as a “ghostwriter” in the past or providing a link to your own personal website.
Then, Clearvoice will provide you with writing opportunities that are relevant to your skill set. There are a few major advantages of using this platform. First, you don’t have to worry about constantly refreshing the page constantly looking for work.
This website is going to provide you with jobs that have been tailored to meet your skillset. Second, the pay rate on this website is also relatively high compared to other platforms.
You will be able to specify your minimum pay rate and the website will only provide you with jobs that meet those requirements. The downside of using this platform is that it can take a while to establish a strong set of returning clients.
When Clearvoice provides you with job opportunities, you might not like applying for jobs and not getting picked every time. However, as long as you do a good job of expanding your CV, you should have a relatively high success rate.
Then, if you do a good job, there is a strong chance that clients on Clearvoice are going to call on you for future work. Therefore, Clearvoice is one of the best freelance content writing websites out there.
Be sure to take a look at everything this website has to offer when you have time to decide if this site is worth it to you