Everyone dreams of being able to work from home- at least, most people do. Whether you’re a parent of young children, are trying to balance a busy school schedule with work, are looking for a side job you can do from home or are just someone who doesn’t like to leave the house.
There are many Internet jobs available that enable you to work the schedule you want, from where you want, and internet jobs from home. The trick is just knowing how to get started, and how to establish legitimate online jobs from scams.
Before I share the list I’ve compiled of some of the best Internet jobs that you can do from home, I would like to share some tips on what to avoid when looking to find employment online.
- Avoid any “job offers” that require you to invest your hard-earned money. There are a lot of false “employment opportunities” out there that promise to help you “get rich quick” or that claim that they will teach you some secret to online success by selling you a product. These are scams.
- Understand and accept that there is no “get rich quick” secret that will make you a millionaire overnight. Internet jobs are just like any other job- they require actual work.
- Avoid any job opportunities which require you to give out private information, such as your bank account number, social security number, or credit card number. Again, these could be scams.
Best Jobs on the Internet
OK, now that you’ve got a good idea of what types of things to avoid, let’s get down to business. Here are some of the best Internet jobs that you can do from home- and they are absolutely free.
If you have any experience or talent in writing, drawing, computer programming, or virtual assisting, freelancing from home is an option. Sites like Upwork and Ziprecruiter are great platforms for finding paying projects.
The sites are free to use and offer a variety of skills tests that increase your weekly job application quota.
You create a profile, upload your portfolio (if you have one,) test your skills and browse the job listings, bidding on projects that seem like a good match for you. These freelancing jobs can either be a fixed rate or hourly jobs, depending on each project.
See Related: Best Online Jobs for College Students
2. Take Online Surveys
There are loads of businesses who will pay you to take online surveys– at no cost to you. Here’s how it works: companies (like Reebok, Nike, Doritos, Pepsi or Coca-Cola,) pay online survey businesses for customer feedback.
While you probably won’t receive too many survey opportunities for signing up to just one survey site, if you sign up for multiple ones you can make a tidy profit.
Turn-taking surveys into an art form, and you can get quite a bit accomplished each day. Remember- the key is to set aside time each day for working on the surveys, just like with any other job.
Here is a list of some of the best online survey sites on the web- and the best part of all is that their free.
- Swagbucks: A popular site that offers a variety of ways to earn money, including taking surveys and even playing games.
- InboxDollars: Another site with a variety of ways to earn, including taking surveys. They also offer a $5 bonus for signing up.
- Survey Junkie: One of the most popular survey sites, with over 10 million members. This will give you the best variety of survey options out there.
- MyPoints: A site that rewards you for completing surveys, as well as for shopping online, watching videos, and more.
- Pinecone Research: A site that pays you to take surveys and review products. They also have a $3 sign-up bonus.
See Related: Best Online Jobs for 14 Years Old That Pay
3. Earn Money Online By Playing Games
There are several websites, such as Swagbucks, Lifepoints, and MyPoints which allow you to earn points or dollars by taking online surveys, playing games, searching the web, or signing up for online offers.
Points can be redeemed for cash, gift cards, or other prizes. While you probably can’t make a living doing this, it is a nice way to earn a little extra on the side.
See Related: Apps That Pay You for Data Collection
4. Affiliate Marketing
Affiliate marketing is pretty simple- you allow ads on your website or blog, and get paid each time someone clicks on an ad or link. Some people earn a decent income this way, providing their website is one that generates quite a bit of traffic!
See Related: Branded Surveys Review
5. Sell Things Online
Some people make a living from home selling handmade goods or reselling items on websites such as ebay, etsy.com , or other online platforms which allow you to set up shop. Some of these websites do charge a fee, or take a percentage of the income you make per item you sell.
Whether you’re looking to sell things wholesale, open an online store where you can sell your arts and crafts or handmade jewelry, or just have a lot of excess items in your attic or garage that you need to sell, becoming an online entrepreneur is a good way to make money.
These are just a few of the best Internet jobs available that you can do from home if working from home is your calling in life. Just remember, Internet jobs are like any other job- they require an investment of your time and actual work!