Turning 18 opens up a lot of doors for a teenager, some better than others. You can vote, buy cigarettes, and gain access to you weren’t eligible for before.
If you’re looking for extra cash and aren’t interested in pursuing the typical kinds of work an 18 year old has access to, looking for jobs online is a great way to go. Here are just a few of the ideas of online jobs for 18-year-olds that you can take advantage of.
Build Your Own Auction House
If you’ve been online before you’re probably heard of eBay. Once you turn 18 you’re eligible to create your own eBay account and start selling. This is great because if you’re 18 you probably have 18 years worth of stuff you wouldn’t mind getting rid of.
Once you’ve worked through the stuff in your closet, start hitting yard sales. You’d be amazed at the deals you can find at these sales. There’s no limit to the profit you can make if you dedicate yourself to looking every weekend.
See Related: How to earn Bitcoin From Paid Surveys
Write the Night Away
If you’ve got a way with words, you might want to think about starting a freelance writing career. The internet is full of people who are looking for high-quality content for their websites and blogs. If you can create an interesting article that isn’t full of grammatical mistakes, you’re capable of freelancing.
One of the toughest parts of freelancing is finding new clients. One of the easiest ways to get jobs is to sign up for freelancing sites like FlexJobs and Upwork. These sites list job opportunities that you can bid on and complete. Once you have a few jobs under your belt you can begin to build a reputation that will bring more and more work your way.
See Related: Pinecone Research Review
Data entry is a popular type of online work. It’s one that’s particularly suited for 18 year olds because it doesn’t require a large amount of training or education. While it’s not the most exciting form of work in the world, it can make for a steady form of income.
Because it’s such an attractive type of work, competition is fierce. It takes quite a bit of perseverance to find a steady data entry job.
Take some time to check out work at home forums to find information on what the best companies to work for are and to get tips on how to find the best new jobs.
See Related: Easy Online Jobs to Work from Home or Anywhere
Take Online Surveys
One of the best online jobs for 18 year olds is filling out online surveys. What is an online survey? They’re surveys sent out by companies, researchers, and others who want to know your opinions. The topics of the surveys cover a huge range. One day you may give your opinion on laundry detergent while the next you’ll explain your thoughts on politics.
The range of topics covered with online surveys makes it tough to get bored with this online job, which is another big perk. If you do find yourself getting a little tired of it, though, it’s easy to put on some music while working. You can even make money while watching TV – try that at your local fast food joint!
If this sounds appealing to you, you may be wondering how to get started. Well, the first thing to do is to find a few sites that will send surveys your way.
If you do an online search for survey sites, you’ll end up with a ton of results. Be wary, though. Many of the sites you’ll come across are actually scams.
Any company that asks you for money before sending you surveys is a site you should stay away from. In order to find the best sites for surveys, stick with the ones that will get you started for free. Here are some of our favorites:
- Survey Junkie – Survey Junkie is a great way to make some extra money in your spare time. All you need to do is sign up for free, and you can start taking surveys immediately. You’ll get paid per survey, and you can cash out once you reach $10.
- InboxDollars – InboxDollars is similar to Survey Junkie, but they also offer opportunities to earn cash by watching videos, reading emails, and shopping online. You can also get a $5 bonus just for signing up.
- Swagbucks – Swagbucks is another great survey site that offers many different ways to earn money. You can take surveys, shop online, watch videos, and more. You’ll also get a $5 bonus just for signing up.
- Pinecone Research – Pinecone Research is a great survey site that pays very well for each survey you complete. They also have a great selection of products to test, so it’s a great option if you want to make money testing products.
- Vindale Research – Vindale Research is another great survey site that pays very well for each survey you complete. They also have a great selection of products to test, so it’s a great option if you want to make money testing products.
It’s a good idea to sign up for as many sites as possible. The more sites you sign up for, the more surveys you’ll be able to take. Set aside time every day to complete surveys to make sure you’re constantly making money.
With consistency and a bit of patience, you’ll soon be on your way to building a large income based on online surveys. Finding an online job when you’re 18 is not difficult. All it requires is some time and patience. No matter what your particular skill or interests, there’s an online job out there that’s perfectly suited for you.