Can you complete a few tasks online and make money with them? There may be decent opportunities out there, but it doesn’t hurt to do your own analysis before you get your feet wet.
Paytime.top is one such platform. It claims you can get paid for doing simple tasks. So, is it a legit program or a scam? In this review, we will try to answer just that.
So, what is this biz op all about? The Paytime website (paytime.top) claims you can earn from home for testing apps, competing for surveys, and for sharing posts on social media. From the looks of it, these tasks are stupidly simple, and anyone can do them.
However, if you stumble across the FAQ page of the website, that tells a different story. In one paragraph, they say the tasks take up to 5 minutes of your time. Another one says up to 10 minutes. So, what is the truth here?
The payout values are ludicrous; not many companies come close to the advertised amounts Pay time makes. It’s free to join, but only for people residing in the US/UK/Canada, and Australia.
You will have to break the $50 payment threshold to get paid. So, what’s the claimed income potential?
- $5 per task
- $0.5 per social share on platforms like Facebook
- $1 for referring other people onto the platform
See Related: Freelancer.com Review: Is It Legit or a Scam?
Is There a Catch? You Bet!
You will find hundreds of legit and scam programs online. If you consider the following, this may repel you from joining the platform:
- Ludicrous payouts – no legitimate platform pays half as much as Paytime.top claims to pay. That is an instant red flag, and it looks like it’s just baiting to get people involved. Some legit companies do pay close to $1.5, but if anything sounds too good to be true, it is!
- The owner strategically hid his/her face (does that tell you something?). If you check the domain history on websites like whois, the website’s registration is anonymous.
- Fake endorsements. They haven’t been featured on Forbes, Inc., Entrepreneur, Huffington Post, and other popular websites. This is a dirty marketing ploy to boost the product’s conversion rate. If you check other scam websites, you will find striking identicality between them. They all have some fake news channel/website endorsements.
- Very high threshold for withdrawals – most legit platforms have a $10-20 payment threshold. In most scams, this is often strategic, as no one will cross a $50 limit anyway. They want to avoid paying for a reason (hint: most scams never pay a cent, they only take away hundreds, sometimes thousands of dollars).
- 1dollartasks.com is one such website that is a 1-1 identical clone. No two legit websites will be clones. This is a big red flag for you to consider.
- .top domain TLD? Anyone who takes their business seriously will get a .com, .net, or .org to go with their brand name.
Most shady websites rely on cloning (rebranding) to make money. Simply create a duplicate copy, re-brand it, and scam more people.
This way, some of them can run for years and make tons of money along the way. This is an unethical business practice used by many black hat marketers.
See Related: Hireable Review: Is It Legit or a Scam?
Is Paytime.top a Scam?
Undoubtedly, it is. If you pay attention to some of the red flags mentioned in the review, you will know the answer already. There’s no proof for some of the points we made, but it’s very likely Paytime.top is a scam. The odds are definitely against you.
If any website claims you can make money easily without lifting a finger, you can be sure it’s a scam. You can’t complete simple tasks and bank hard this way. It often takes a lot of work and effort to earn a respectable income online.
Most so-called tasks are affiliate offers for which the advertiser (website) gets paid, thanks to you. That’s a deceitful method of promotion, and the owner makes money at your expense. If you’re looking to start your own profitable business, you should look into affiliate marketing.
It is among our favorites for a good reason. It can provide time and location freedom like no other business model. Our top-recommended training can help you master the fundamentals and get you one step closer to time and financial freedom.
If you’re up for the challenge and want to get started in the right direction (and work from home), give it a go.