Working from home to make a living is a dream for many. There are many online courses that claim to help you get one step closer to your dream. Proofread Anywhere is one such platform that claims to get you up to speed as a proofreader in no time.
Proofreading jobs are evergreen, and that can help you make some money working online. Is the course legitimate or a scam? In this review, we’ll tackle just that. Researching a product often pays in the long run since it can help you clear up obvious scams.
We will aim to cover it all – what the coaching program is all about, the training contents, pricing, and other details you may want to uncover. Without further ado, let’s dive right in.
What is Proofread Anywhere?
Our first impression of the training was how it sounded similar to Transcribe Anywhere, which was a product we reviewed some time ago on this website. Proofread Anywhere is an online program that is based on proofreading. It was launched in 2015 by Caitlyn Pyle who has more than a decade worth of experience in the industry.
She has been helping people with proofreading since 2007 through one of her e-books which has now expanded into a course. The course was a massive hit that featured the author on leading platforms like Forbes and Business Insider.
How does It work?
With proofreading, you’re expected to skim through the content and find spelling/grammatical and sometimes errors in sentences. You will be presented with various ready-to-go documents which require a finishing touch.
It goes without saying you need to have a good eye for the job. This is because your job is to proofread, and you should be able to spot errors with pinpoint accuracy.
Not a fan of proofreading? Fortunately, there are legitimate ways to build a profitable online business working from home.
The PA Training
These jobs aren’t for everyone for the above-mentioned reasons. Because of the same, Caitlyn offers a free 7-day training program to see if it’s a good fit for you. Other than this, you can also enroll in a free workshop to learn more about the product.
The mini-course comes with several videos, templates, and case studies. The website offers two complete courses namely General Proofreading and Transcript Proofreading. Depending on your current skill level, completing the course of your liking may take up to 2-3 months.
General Proofreading: Theory and Practice
This course is divided into multiple sections with each one focusing on a unique topic. The training is taught in a step-by-step approach, which should be helpful if you’re a beginner.
it costs $497 one-time for the Ignite course and $597 one-time for Ignite plus which comes with certification and a few other perks.
- Introduction – contains a brief overview of proofreading and compares the skill alongside other skills like editing and copy-editing.
- Mindset training – throws some light on the different market options open to you as a proofreader.
- Basics and worksheets for practice.
- Various methods you can use to proofread.
- Making the leap by turning it into a business
- Landing clients that need your expertise
- Develop relationships with client(s) and set your own rate.
- Succeeding as a freelancer.
- Final evaluation – grades the knowledge you’ve acquired so far (only available as a part of the Ignite+ membership)
Transcript Proofreading: Theory and Practice
The transcript proofreading course costs $1,174 one time. You don’t have to pay for it in one go though. There’s a flexible 4-level plan available depending on the module(s) you want to work on next.
- Basic introduction
- The ins and outs of transcript proofreading
- Multiple methods to correct transcripts, simulation transcripts, and more.
- Bringing it all together with some practice
Things We Liked
- The course is taught by Caitlyn Pyle who has 10+ years of experience in the industry.
- Since the course is online, you can access it 24/7 regardless of your device or location. You can learn at your own pace and/or re-watch training modules if required.
- It’s more than just a proofreading course. It also covers how you can turn it into a business and market it to your prospects.
- By cutting out the guesswork, Proofread Anywhere can save you hours and hours of time.
- The course creator is active; she personally responds to email queries, and it’s apparent she’s genuinely invested in your success.
Things We Didn’t Like
- Once you’ve made a payment, there are no refunds. However, the 7-day training series and the workshop are out there for the same reason (check if it’s a good fit).
- Astronomically expensive compared to other courses on the internet. It’s one thing the training is top-notch, but not many will be willing to shell out a fortune to learn new skills.
- There’s no passive income potential with these jobs. The only way to make a killing out of it is by selling your own course as the author did. With jobs, there’s a hard limit on how much you can earn per hour/per project. Don’t work and you won’t receive a dime. If you have the time and are willing to work all day, then this may be worth a shot.
Final Words – Is Proofread Anywhere a Scam?
No, ProofreadAnywhere is not a scam; it’s among one of the very few legitimate products out there as far as proofreading is concerned. The author is also legit, which certainly adds a brownie point.
However, in this industry, there’s an upper limit on how much you can earn per day/per month. You’re trading your time for income here. The moment you stop it, your income stops. This is because it’s anything but passive income.
Working from home still sounds better than working a day job in a 9-5 environment. If you could make a living out of this, definitely test out her free programs first to get the hang of it. You can always begin with Caitlyn Pyle’s free workshop/7-day course and see how you like it.
Looking To Make Your First Dollar Online?
We got your back. If you’re looking to work from home, we can help you get started in the right direction. Affiliate marketing is one of our favorite business models and for a good reason. It can help you achieve financial, location, and time-freedom in time.
Our top recommendation has helped hundreds of people escape their 9-5 day jobs and has helped them earn a realistic 4-5 figure per month online. It has been going strong for more than a decade now, and the strategies have stood the test of time.
It will ask for some investment of your time and efforts though. If you’re ready to start your own profitable online business and finally increase the monthly cash flow your businesses generate, we highly recommend you give it a shot. If you ask us, it’s totally worth it.