Famous rappers may say some insightful quotes on how they get or handle money to inspire the general person. Here, we highlight 56 rapper quotes about money from big names in the industry: Tupac Shakur, 50 Cent, Snoop Dog, Jay Z, Lil Kim, Nicki Minaj, and many more.
No matter if you just love country music, rap, or another type of music, you can learn something from each of these rapper quotes. Rappers wear diamonds, sometimes a big gold chain, and have a fancy fashion sense, but they are also bearers of wisdom.
Martin Luther King told the world that everyone should be treated equally with a chance to have their voice heard, which paved the way for many famous rappers.
Rapper Quotes from Song Lyrics
Artists sell fire hip-hop and rap lyrics like these famous rap quotes.
1. “Mo money, mo problems” – Notorious B.I.G.
“Mo Money, Mo Problems” was released posthumously in 1997 for Notorious B.I.G.’s Life After Death album. It is one of the best rapper quotes from a song that sticks with people. The song featured Sean “P. Diddy” Combs and Mase.
Biggie said it right even before the turn of the 21st century that having more money can create more problems, especially if you spend lavishly without budgeting or make promises with your money that you cannot keep.
2. “My mind on my money and my money on my mind” – Snoop Dogg’s rap lyrics
Rap music fans bumped Snoop Dogg’s 1993 hit, “Gin & Juice” in their low riders in the 90s and still jam to it today. This lyric is one of the best rapper quotes from Snoop Dogg that influence the general person to stay motivated when pursuing their careers to build their net worth.
3. “So if money is the root, I want the whole damn tree.” – Dr. Dre
Dr. Dre mentions this lyric in his rap song, “Been There Done That” released in 1996 for his Dr. Dre Presents: The Aftermath album.
This quote is a play on words about money being the root of all evil. However, Dr. Dre twists the famous saying that if money is a source of growth, he wants as much access to it as possessing “the whole damn tree.”
See Related: Best Survey Sites to Make Money Fast
4. “Never mind what haters say. Ignore em till they fade away.” – T.I.
T.I. reminds listeners to not put so much stock into what naysayers tell you in the 2008 song, “Live Your Life” by himself and Rihanna. Focus on yourself because dream killers kill your ambition to keep going. Only God can judge you.
5. “Make the money. Don’t let the money make you. Change the game. Don’t let the game change you.” – Macklemore
These lyrics from Macklemore with Ryan Lewis, “Make the Money” can help you imagine life if you were to earn more of it. You must be in control of getting enough of it to survive.
6. “Uptown soldier with the money to the ceiling, Shining like a diamond from a eagle to a pigeon, Birds on the wire 100 deep and we chilling, Finger on the trigger, that’s the uptown living.” – Birdman’s rap lyrics
This lyrical prowess is in his 2007 hit, “I Run This”. He portrays his interpretation of being rich in a gangster rap hit. Remain in touch with your reputation and how it precedes you.
7. “I think big, get cash, make em blink fast” – Nicki Minaj
Nicki Minaj’s cameo in Kanye West’s “Monster” shows the creativity needed to make money. While you can work a high-paying job, you should always stay vigilant for ways to become innovative with your income streams.
8. “I got so much money I should start a bank. So much paper right in front of me it’s hard to think.” – Wiz Khalifa
Wiz Khalifa released a 2012 song, “Work Hard, Play Hard” showcasing one of his rap quotes from his lyrics. It is hard to think of what to do with it. Take care of your home, make investments, and do what makes you happy!
9. “I get money.” – 50 Cent
His iconic 2007 song, “I Get Money” from the album, Curtis, shows his confidence in how his rapping career has propelled him to a higher echelon of living with his earnings. As one of the simple yet most influential best rap quotes, it may make you want to get money in the way you know best.
10. “You know, it’s funny. When it rains, it pours. They got money for wars, but can’t feed the poor.” – Tupac Shakur
His poetic quote from his 1993 song, “Keep Ya Head Up” shows that the government has a twisted ideology of how they support their people. America can be at war for many years. Think about the Iraq War that took place between 2003 to 2011. However, some people are still falling by the wayside hungry and without their basic needs.
See Related: How to Make Money at School: Easy Ways to Earn Cash
11. “Money just changed everything. I wonder how life without it would go.” – Drake
His hit single, “Fireworks” featuring Alicia Keys from Thank Me Later shows funds as a game changer. Having a lack of it causes a struggle, but having an abundance can help you live comfortably.
12. “Money trees is the perfect place for shade.” – Kendrick Lamar
This pivotal lyric from Kendrick Lamar’s “Money Trees” featuring Jay Rock (2012) shows how building a canopy of net worth and financial security is just a natural instinct no matter what. Lose focus on it and it will cause future ruin.
13. “Money, power, and respect.” – Lil Kim
Do you love gangster rap and hip-hop in one song? Lil Kim’s cameo with The Lox and DMX in “Money, Power, & Respect” (1998) showcases three factors needed for your lifestyle.
It is one of the best girl rapper quotes. While this is from a hustler’s point of view, the general person can apply one of these rappers’ quotes and lyrics about money to their lives. Gain the money you need and build savings, obtain power, and gain respect from others by respecting yourself.
14. “Damn right I like the life I live because I went from negative to positive.” – Notorious B.I.G. featured quotes and lyrics
Notorious B.I.G. released one of his best hits of all time, Juicy (1994) on his Ready to Die album a few years before his dying day. He kept his dream alive by rapping his rhymes in the streets of Brooklyn, New York before he became nationally famous. That’s definitely from negative to positive. Keep all your dreams alive and exercise your own judgement.
15. “Money can’t buy you love cause it’s overpriced.” – J. Cole
Love is priceless, which is a different theme amongst these rapper quotes. J Cole represents this message in his 2011 song, “Work Out”: you cannot buy your significant other possessions to keep them around. Give your time and interest to someone in life who’ll appreciate and love you back.
See Related: Ways to Earn Money Writing Reviews on Amazon
16. “I’m bout that fast money, money ain’t got no patience. But if them boys come, run like you on probation.” – Nicki Minaj
Nicki Minaj’s lyrics from her 2008 hit, “Cucchi Shop” from her Sucka Free album show people to get money quickly. These girl rapper quotes come from an explicit song, but you can look at the words differently.
Think of this Nicki Minaj quote that you need funds to pay your bills and not spend it on frivolous people taking up too much of your time.
17. “I want the finer things in life so I hustle.” – 50 Cent
This lyric is from 50 Cent’s song, “Hustler’s Ambition” about living life as a gangster. You can only obtain higher stakes possessions by working hard and putting your best foot forward daily, which is something we can learn from this list of quotes from rappers about money.
18. “If they weren’t talking about the bread, these motherfuckers be toast.” – J Cole
J Cole’s funny rap lyrics from “Everybody Dies” (2016) puts a spin on one of these best rap quotes and lyrics about money by referring to it as bread. Seeing this standalone lyric can make you think you are in trouble if you do not have money on your mind. It should be a constant mindset to want to keep making money for yourself.
19. “Havin’ money’s not everything, not havin’ it is.” – Kanye West
“Good Life” by Kanye West and T-Pain shows the importance of having some form of money in someone’s life. If you have enough of it, that is not everything. If you do not have it at all, then that is everything. You need money to survive and succeed, so get it!
20. “Cash rules everything around.” – Wu-Tang Clan
This lyric was in the Wu-Tang Clan’s 1993 song, “C.R.E.A.M.” The hip-hop song was on their best-selling album, Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers). Money measures success in economics, company performance, and the standard of living that you have. Find creative ways to get what you need to survive.
21. “Oh well. Guess you win some and lose some, as long as the outcome is income.” – Drake
Drake’s 2011 song, “Over My Dead Body” from his Take Care album features these hip-hop and rap lyrics about how someone’s life will involve winning or losing. However, as long as you are generating income, this is a plus!
See Related: The Best Passive Income Ideas to Start Today
Rapper Quotes From Interviews
Many famous rappers have quotes referring to money from interviews.
22. “I try to treat all the money I’m making like it’s the last time I’m going to make it” – Eminem
Eminem has his mind made up that he will budget his money accordingly because you never know where life will take you. Money comes and goes, especially in a volatile career such as the rap industry. You never know if you will make another dime if your records never sell.
For the general person, jobs are difficult to come by even when you apply to many of them because of the competitive national workplace. Be wise in how you spend your money.
23. “We play the long game. We don’t want the money to stop when we go. When we can’t work no more. We want it to outlive us, we want it to be generational.” – Nipsey Hussle
This quote about monetary generational wealth is an eye-opener. Think about the legacy you leave for your children to benefit their lives when you are gone.
24. “Money is my bitch.” – Nas
Even though this is amongst the explicit best rap quotes on our list, it holds a level of truth. Make money work for you even though you do have to work for the money. As you build your net worth, invest your money to keep it plentiful throughout your life and when passing it on to your posterity.
25. “Reality is wrong, dreams are real.” – Tupac Shakur
Shakur defied reality in his personal life as a disadvantaged child of a single mother and attended Baltimore School for the Arts in his teenage life. Eventually, he wrote rhymes and poetry that turned into iconic rap music songs that sprung him into musical fame.
26. “If you can’t buy it twice, you can’t afford it.” – Jay Z
Jay Z has many quotes about life discussing money. You want enough money to purchase what you need, pay your dues, and still have enough left to enjoy.
27. “For my hustler here’s some motivation: he who has begun is half done, why you waitin? – Nas
As long as you start pursuing your goal, you are already 50% complete. Nas’ quote encourages people to take small steps with some invested time to get them where they want to be. Keep going, and do not lose sight of your personal and career goals.
28. “If you stop at general math, you’re only going to make general math money.” – Snoop Dogg
Rap artists like Snoop Dogg embrace this mentality. You won’t get ahead if you only make enough to satisfy your bills and other responsibilities. Snoop Dogg encourages people to think bigger and go for better earnings opportunities.
29. “Payday will be worth all the broke nights I stayed up.” – Big Sean
Sometimes you have to put in the extra work and sacrifice sleep or certain fun activities to get where you want to be. Big Sean is grateful for the extra time he spent working on his music career to get him to where he is today.
30. “Being self-made means never making an excuse as to why you can’t take a step toward whatever your goal is” – Nipsey Hussle
Nipsey Hussle has quotes about life that speak to entrepreneurs saying that you should remain goal-oriented always, Enhance your self-worth to achieve a higher level than you were months ago.
31. “I never gave a fuck about a hater; got money on my radar.” – Lil Wayne
The naysayers do not measure success in life’s crazy ride. Take into account Lil Wayne’s perspective on how to handle naysayers. Lil Wayne makes moves in his rap music, hip hop, and producing career even when naysayers get in his way. Only God is the judge.
32. “Money and power don’t change you, they just further expose your true self.” – Jay Z
Jay Z is correct that money and power can show others who you are as one of the famous rap quotes. Monetary worth and your reputation should not overpower who you are.
33. “Everybody raps. We rap to make money. We do business. Ain’t no other record company out there that sold as many records as we did.” – Tupac Shakur on the rap music industry
Master T was the last person to interview Tupac Shakur before his dying day when he was killed in a drive-by shooting in September 1996 in Las Vegas, Nevada. He rapped under Death Row Records and proudly boasted that his label made more than other black record labels.
34. “They say time is money but really, it’s not. If we ever go broke, time is all we got.” – J. Cole
You lose valuable time planning for a good life if your main worry is money. Use this precious time to better yourself and work on your career during life’s crazy ride. Every winner gotta lose somebody to go forward.
35. “Money talks. This is the thing, at the end of the day, I do what I have to do, and I’mma keep doing what I have to do.” – Lil Kim
Money does talk. If you want a home or vacant building, you must outbid the other people. If you want to enjoy products and services, you must purchase them with money. Lil Kim, a member of the female hip-hop movement of the 1990s, stays focused on what she has to do in her daily career to keep where she wants to be.
36. “Diversify your millions, you can live off the interest. Make every revenue stream flood, see where it took me.” – Xzibit
Think of different ways to make money rather than just relying on one job. Think of how your investments can enhance your revenue with interest coming in.
37. “Stop buying things you don’t need. To impress people you don’t like with money you don’t have.” – Ice Cube
The NWA rapper puts it plainly when he suggests readers only purchase what makes them happy. Do not buy the latest trending clothes or accessories if you have so many friends with the same things. Buy what gives you joy.
38. “I try to do the right thing with money. Save a dollar here and there, and clip some coupons. Buy ten gold chains instead of 20. Four summer homes instead of eight.” – LL Cool J
Even though he still likes to have upscale things while living life, LL Cool J is mindful about how much of each possession he purchases to keep a hold of as much money as he can. Hence, be vigilant of how you are spending your money.
See Related: Best Online Jobs for Teenagers to Make Money
39. “I don’t want to get rich and die trying.” – Ice Cube
In one of his rap quotes, the NWA rapper says he does not desire to get rich if it means it is going to tire him out. Enjoy the journey life takes to you becoming rich. Work hard, but also make time to relax and have fun.
40. “If it ain’t making me money, making me better, or making me happy… ain’t making time for it.” – 50 Cent
50 Cent has the right mindset to only engage in activities that excel his life rather than hinder it. He only focuses on what is making him more money or keeping him happy as an individual. If any activity or person is losing you money or causing you unhappiness, it is time to move on.
41. “You lose money chasing women, never lose women chasing money.” – Nas
She’s bad forever if she keeps making you lose money. Ladies, this is true if you are chasing men as well. Involve the people that treat you right and only have your best interests at heart. If you are involved with the wrong people, you may lose precious time and money giving them all your attention. You never know what can happen tomorrow.
42. “Money and success do not change people; they merely amplify what is already there.” – Will Smith
More than just an American actor, Will Smith is also an American rapper and hip-hop artist that gained prominence in the music industry in the 1990s. Your personality stays within you no matter how much money you make or how popular you become. Money and success can influence your current self and make it something higher.
43. “Invest in your future. Don’t dilute your finances, 401K, make sure it’s low risk, then get some real estate, 4.25% thirty-year mortgage.” – Kendrick Lamar
Think about how you want your future to be when reading these hip-hop and rapper quotes. Rather than purchasing physical items that will not bring you any wealth and only accumulate as junk in your home, invest in the stock market, get a 401K, and work on purchasing a home.
44. “Forget about the money or compensation. It will come. Think about releasing a great record that people will enjoy.” – Timbaland
Sometimes rappers in the music industry stay focused on releasing as many records as possible without acknowledging whether listeners like the song.
One of Timbaland’s rap quotes reminds artists to polish their lyrics, put some thought into their music, and the fame and money will come when fans recognize their prowess. Even if you are not in the music industry, keep doing what you are passionate about, and the money will roll in over time.
45. “Money is freedom. Money is a private plane. Money is no metal detection.” – 50 Cent
This list of rapper quotes showcases that the more money you have, the more freedom you have for yourself. After paying your monthly responsibilities, you can spend your money how you want. Make investments, upgrade your home, or get a new possession within reason.
46. “I don’t sit around with my friends and talk about money, ever. On a record, that’s different.” – Jay Z
Jay Z mentions money in many of his hip-hop records and rapper quotes. However, he claims that he will not discuss the topic with his friends or colleagues outside of the recording studio.
How much money you make and how you spend it is exclusively your business. If you start telling others how you get your money and how you use it, they may become jealous and cause more malice than good in their relationship with you.
See Related: Best Amazon FBA Courses to Earn Online
47. “Hip-hop doesn’t have no fresh energy, none at all. It’s money driven, everybody tryin’ to make that cheque, nobody putting art in their albums anymore.” – Andre 3000
One of Andre 3000’s rap quotes says that many new hip-hop artists are not coming up with unique material that enhances the sound of the music industry.
To him, it feels like recycled sounds and concepts to what listeners are used to hearing already. However, Andre 3000 wants to get not only hip-hop artists but also people, in general, to put passion into what they do to earn cash, so it is unique to them and their beneficiaries.
48. “Floss a little, invest up in a mutual fund.” – Busta Rhymes
Investments are crucial for building your monetary stores. Busta Rhymes reminds people in one of his rap quotes to not forget about them because they can increase your net worth to fall back on for a rainy day. Listen to Busta Buss on this one!
49. “A goal is just a dream with a deadline.” – Drake
Goals have a timeline as Drake proclaims in one of his rap quotes. Do you want to achieve your goal in a few months, within a year, or in more time? Dedicate yourself and set a deadline so that you work on it constantly to reach it because you never know what can happen tomorrow. Think about this for all your dreams. Stay hate free when you see others achieving their dreams.
50. “A normal life is boring.” – Eminem
Eminem’s simple yet hard-hitting rapper quotes from his hip-hop and rap music can instill a sense of motivation in you. Do you want to do a 9-5 and struggle to pay your monthly dues? Or do you want to find the best possible way to make money, live comfortably, and have everything you want? The choice is yours!
See Related: Best Online Jobs for Teenagers Under 18 at Home
51. “Money is something that keeps you alive and healthy and just keeps you focused. It’s the drive. It’s the passion.” – Travis Scott
Travis Scott notes the importance of how you need money to survive. Without it, you will not eat, have fun things to do, or have your wants or needs fulfilled. Hence, you can stay motivated to make the best possible money in your career to have that delightful reward.
52. “There are a lot of people with tons of money who are unhappy because either they’ve become a prisoner of their money or they have become so consumed with getting money that they don’t allow time for happiness.” – Jay Z
Make money for survival. Jay Z reminds people amongst these rapper quotes to not let it consume the entire day. Do what you can and make room to do what makes you happy.
53. “I just save my money, man. I don’t even try to enjoy it like these other rappers; they having fun and they lit, but they gon’ be broke later on. I be savin’, I be chillin’. It feels good to know I got it, but it feel better to know I’ma keep it too.” – Lil Baby
Saving money is a better move than spending it until you are broke as shown by this hip-hop and rap legend. Sure, you can enjoy buying the best things in life, but do not forget about the little things that matter in your life that money cannot buy. Lil Baby has the right idea of saving more money he earns from his rapping career than spending too much.
54. “The burden of poverty isn’t just that you don’t always have the things you need, it’s the feeling of being embarrassed every day of your life, and you’d do anything to lift that burden.” – Jay Z
Learn one of the most important life lessons about poverty from Jay Z. He reminds people in one of these rapper quotes to follow their dreams. Rappers measure success where they started from the bottom, but they work on their passion for hip-hop and rap as they stay busy writing history.
55. “Money doesn’t make me. I make the money.” – Rick Ross
Rick Ross is respectfully a fat dude with a great attitude as a hip-hop and rap star. He only makes money and does not let him control who he is. Rick Ross highlights how much money you have can change your personality, but you should remain who you are regardless of your net worth, according to Rick Ross. Listen to Da Boss Rick Ross on this one!
56. “I never look at it like I’m wasting money when I’m buying gold.” – Big Sean
Famous rappers like Big Sean are correct in that gold is not a wasted purchase. Gold is an investment that can accumulate in value over time, even owning a big gold chain. Just be sure to lock up your gold in a safe place so that no one steals it!