If you’re a stay-at-home mom, it’s no secret that you’re busy, and stressed, and could use a few extra bucks. The reason is clear – your children are what comes first.
If you want to ensure your children are getting the care that only you can provide them but still need to find a way to supplement your income, completing online surveys is one of the best things you can do.
In today’s fast-paced world, many moms seek ways to balance their career aspirations with household responsibilities. Stay-at-home mom jobs have become increasingly popular as they offer flexibility, allowing moms to care for their families while still earning a living. These jobs come in various forms, including freelance opportunities, remote positions, and part-time work.
One highly sought-after option for stay-at-home moms is freelance writing, which offers ease of entry, scalability, and the ability to work on various projects. Another popular choice is working in bookkeeping, where moms can utilize their skills in managing finances and organizing information. Simultaneously, creative moms might consider pursuing freelance photography, turning their passion for capturing memories into a source of income.
For those skilled in typing and attentive to detail, data entry specialist and transcriptionist positions also offer work-from-home opportunities. These jobs allow stay-at-home moms to transform their unique skills and experience into a successful and fulfilling career while juggling the demands of raising a family.
Where to Find Stay At Home Jobs
Discovering stay-at-home mom jobs that offer flexibility, work-from-home opportunities, and even passive income can be rewarding for stay-at-home moms seeking an ideal balance between work and family life. There are several options for work-from-home jobs that fit a variety of skill sets and interests, including:
- Bookkeeper: Managing finances and keeping records for businesses or individuals can be a great remote job for moms skilled in numbers and organization.
- Proofreader: Reviewing and correcting written content, such as articles or manuscripts, is a perfect fit for moms with strong attention to detail.
- Tutor: Offering tutoring services in various subjects, either online or in-person, is a wonderful way for stay-at-home moms to share their expertise while teaching others.
To find these flexible jobs, there are several resources moms can use:
- Job search platforms: Websites like Indeed or LinkedIn offer specialized searches for remote jobs and may have specific sections for stay-at-home mom jobs.
- Freelance platforms: Websites such as Upwork or Fiverr allow users to set up profiles and find work in areas like freelance writing or graphic design.
- Online communities: Joining social media groups or forums dedicated to stay-at-home moms can provide valuable advice and networking opportunities for discovering job prospects.
- Online course creation: Moms can also consider becoming online course creators, sharing their skills and knowledge with others while generating a passive income.
Within these resources, stay-at-home moms can find a wide range of jobs, such as:
- Social media manager: Managing social media accounts for businesses or clients, creating and scheduling content, and engaging with followers can be a part-time job or even a full-time remote opportunity.
- Transcriptionist: Converting audio files to written text offers a flexible job for moms with strong typing skills and attention to detail. These positions are typically found on transcription-specific job sites.
These plentiful opportunities make it possible for stay-at-home moms to find part-time, full-time, or even passive income generating jobs that match their skill sets and requirements. By leveraging job search platforms, freelance websites, and online communities, stay-at-home moms can thrive in their careers and family life.
Best & Legitimate Stay at Home Jobs for Moms
Start a Blog
Starting a blog is a flexible stay-at-home mom job with limitless earning potential. Moms can share their passions and expertise with others, making income through ads, sponsorships, and affiliate marketing. Bloggers also enjoy a flexible schedule and can work remotely.
A virtual bookkeeper manages financial records for businesses or clients. Those with strong organization and math skills can excel in this field. This remote work option offers flexibility and the opportunity to help others manage their finances.
Become a Proofreader
Proofreading provides an opportunity for moms with strong grammar and spelling skills to work from home. They ensure the accuracy and flow of written content, checking for proper punctuation and grammar. Proofreaders often work with bloggers, web developers, and freelance content creators.
Freelance Content Creator
Freelance content creators produce written or visual content for various platforms. Moms with strong writing skills or artistic abilities can write articles, create graphics, or even produce videos. This field offers creativity, flexibility, and the opportunity to hone and showcase a skill.
Make Money Helping Put Babies to Sleep
Moms experienced in calming fussy babies can offer their expertise as sleep coaches. Sleep coaches often provide personalized suggestions to parents struggling with their baby’s sleep habits. This role typically requires self-publishing e-books, offering coaching services through calls, or conducting workshops.
Sell on Amazon (FBA Program)
The Amazon FBA program allows moms to sell products without managing inventory. Amazon handles storage, packaging, and shipping, while the seller focuses on sourcing and listing merchandise. This opportunity is perfect for moms with an interest in ecommerce and retail.
Start a Dog Treat Bakery
Moms with cooking skills and a love for animals can start a dog treat bakery from home. This involves creating, packaging, and selling homemade dog treats online or in local markets. Social media marketing skills will come in handy to effectively promote the business.
Transcription involves converting spoken words into written text. Stay-at-home moms with high typing speed and accuracy can excel in this field. Transcription services may be provided for video and audio files or live events.
Remote tutoring allows moms to share their knowledge with students of varying ages in a virtual setting. Tutors can help with subjects like math, science, or foreign languages. This flexible job offers the chance to give back to the educational community.
Online writers produce digital content for websites, blogs, and social media platforms. Moms who can find their voice and create engaging content can pursue online writing, utilizing web design and SEO skills.
Mothers with a knack for sales and technology can sell various tech products and services remotely. This job requires excellent communication and networking skills, as well as product knowledge.
A virtual receptionist handles phone calls, emails, and other administrative tasks for clients. Strong customer service skills, organization, and time management are necessary for this remote position.
Moms passionate about helping others can become life coaches, offering guidance and motivation to clients who need it. This career often requires obtaining certification and building a portfolio to showcase success stories.
Create an Online Store with Drop Shipping
Dropshipping allows moms to create and manage an online store without stocking products. Store owners partner with suppliers who ship items directly to the customer, offering a low-investment and flexible ecommerce business model.
Flip Items from Flea Markets and Thrift Shops
Stay-at-home moms with a keen eye for valuable items can become flea market flippers. This involves buying underpriced items at thrift stores and flea markets and reselling them for profit. Marketing skills and product knowledge help maximize profits.
Sell Printables On Etsy
Creative moms can design and sell digital printables on Etsy. This may include planners, artwork, or templates. Artists can sell their creations, earning passive income while benefiting from a flexible schedule.
Stay-at-home moms with an eye for design and decoration can offer interior design services. This could entail providing digital consultations or creating design plans for clients.
Search Engine/Social Media Evaluator
Moms with knowledge of search engine optimization (SEO) and social media can work as evaluators, analyzing and rating search engine results or content on social media platforms. This role requires a keen understanding of current trends and internet practices.
Sell Low Content Books on Amazon
Stay-at-home moms can self-publish low-content books on Amazon, such as journals, workbooks, or coloring books. Creativity, design, and marketing skills are essential for a successful self-publishing business.
Moms who enjoy spending time with children can provide in-home childcare services. In addition to caring for their children, they can help other parents by offering a safe and nurturing environment for kids.
Freelance photographers capture images for events, portraits, or commercial purposes. Stay-at-home moms who enjoy photography can offer their services locally, combining their passion with income potential.
Remote customer service representatives assist clients via phone, email, or chat, addressing questions and concerns. This job requires excellent communication skills, patience, and empathy.
Moms who enjoy tidying up can offer cleaning services to others, working around their schedule and earning additional income.
Laundry services include washing, drying, folding, and ironing clothes for clients. This can be a lucrative and flexible business for stay-at-home moms with extra time and a knack for organization.
Affiliate marketing allows moms to promote and sell products or services on behalf of brands, earning a commission for each sale. This opportunity typically involves blogging, social media promotion, or creating specialized content.
Stay-at-home moms can leverage their skills and interests to create a fulfilling and flexible career. Remote work, freelancing, and entrepreneurship provide numerous opportunities to earn a steady income while caring for their families.
Bonus Jobs for Moms!
Sign Up for Research Studies – Up to $400 Per Study
Participating in research studies is another way for stay-at-home moms to earn extra income. Research companies often look for participants to participate in their studies, ranging from clinical trials to market research. Compensation for these studies varies depending on the length and complexity, but some can pay up to $400 per study.
Take Paid Online Surveys
Stay-at-home moms can also take paid online surveys to make some extra money. There are several legitimate survey sites available where you can sign up and start earning by sharing your opinions on various products and services. Some popular survey sites include:
- Survey Junkie
- Pinecone Research
It’s important to remember that while taking surveys can be an easy way to earn some extra cash, it’s unlikely to replace a full-time income.
Upwork is an online platform where freelancers can offer their services to clients. Stay-at-home moms can utilize their skills to find work on Upwork in areas such as:
- Writing and editing
- Graphic design
- Virtual assistance
- Web development
To get started, create a profile highlighting your skills and experience and bid on projects that interest you. Building a client base may take some time, but you can earn a steady income once you establish a reputation.
Get Paid to Test Apps and Websites
Companies often need feedback on their apps and websites to ensure they’re user-friendly and accessible. Stay-at-home moms can sign up for platforms like UserTesting and get paid to test these digital products.
You’ll need a computer or smartphone with internet access and a microphone to participate. Once you’re set-up, you’ll be given tasks to complete, such as navigating a website or using a specific app feature. You’ll provide feedback on your experience, and in return, you’ll earn compensation for your time.
What is a Good Job for A Stay at Home Mom?
An excellent job for a stay at home mom offers flexibility, a decent income, and the ability to work remotely. Work-from-home jobs are particularly suitable for moms balancing their professional tasks with caring for their children. These jobs usually involve completing tasks online or providing services through phone or video calls. Some of the best options for stay-at-home moms include:
- Freelance Writing: Moms who enjoy writing and have a good command of the language can opt for freelance writing jobs. Writing blog posts, articles, copywriting, or technical writing are some options available in this field. Stay at home moms can collaborate with various clients and work on projects at their own pace.
- Virtual Assistant: A virtual assistant provides support services to clients remotely, making it a perfect job for moms who want to work from home. Duties may include handling emails, scheduling appointments, managing social media accounts, and data entry. Since clients can be from different industries, stay at home moms have a wide variety of opportunities to choose from.
- Online Tutoring: Moms with a strong background in specific subjects, such as math, science, or languages, can offer their services as online tutors. Conducting classes over video calls allows them to share their knowledge in the comfort of their homes. Time flexibility and the option to choose the number of students make this a great job for stay at home moms.
- Social Media Manager: Moms with excellent social media skills can manage the online presence of businesses or influencers by planning and executing social media strategies. Tasks may include creating content, scheduling posts, and analyzing performance. This remote job allows moms to work on their own schedule.
- E-commerce Seller: Moms with an eye for unique products may turn their passion into part-time jobs by setting up an online store on platforms like Etsy or Shopify. Creating and selling handmade products, vintage items, or printables can be a good source of income. This job is ideal for creative moms who love crafting and designing.
In the end, plenty of flexible, remote jobs are suitable for stay-at-home moms. The key is finding a job that plays to their strengths and allows them to balance their professional and personal lives.
Are Online Surveys a Work from Home Job?
Online surveys are great stay at home mom jobs for a few reasons:
- They can be completed from home: The best thing about being a stay at home mom is being around your children. Leaving home to work sort of defeats the purpose! That’s why online surveys are so useful. Because you complete them online, you can do as many as you want without leaving your kids.
- They’re flexible: The thing that stay at home moms need most from a job is flexibility. It can’t be done if the work can’t fit their schedule. With online surveys, you can choose when you work and for how long. Do you have fifteen minutes after dinner? Perfect! Do a survey. Do you have a larger block of time while the kids are at soccer practice? Awesome, do several. It’s work that’s there when you want to do it.
- It’s free: This is one of the best parts of online surveys. You don’t have to spend money to do them, but that’s just the beginning. Working outside the home requires buying new clothes, gas, car repairs, lunches, childcare, and a laundry list. By working from home, you don’t have to spend money on anything—everything you make, you get to keep.
See Related: Seasonal Jobs to Apply For This Holiday Season
Things to Be Aware Of
While there are a lot of advantages to taking online surveys, there are a few things you need to be aware of to ensure you’re getting the most out of them. Take this advice to make sure you’re not wasting your time:
- Don’t pay any money upfront: If you find a site that says it will hook you up with many surveys, if you pay them, stay far away. Legit survey sites will never ask you to pay to take surveys. There are many legitimate survey sites out there that will keep you plenty busy for free – read further in this article for a list of the best ones.
- Put in the time: While the flexibility of online survey taking is great, you won’t make any money if you don’t put in time and effort. Unlike a conventional job where you have to work just because you’re there, there’s no outside pressure to complete surveys. You have to hold yourself accountable to make sure you’re putting in the time to make some money. No one else can do that for you.
- Have fun: This is the most important part! Any job can become a chore if you don’t approach it with the right attitude. Online surveys have the same problem. In order to keep the tasks fun and interesting, come up with some ways to make them more fun for yourself. Listen to your favorite music or movie while you’re doing them, for instance. Or maybe start tracking the completion time and see if you can improve. Make things interesting and fun, motivating you to make more money.
See Related: Best Survey Apps to Earn on Your Phone
The Best Sites
In order to get the most money, you will want to partner with the best sites. We recommend signing up for as many sites as you can. That way, you’ll always have an inbox full of survey offers. We’ve tried out the following sites and have been very pleased with our results:
- Swagbucks: A popular site that offers a variety of ways to earn money, including taking surveys and even playing games.
- InboxDollars: Another site with various ways to earn, including taking surveys. They also offer a $5 bonus for signing up.
- Survey Junkie: One of the most popular survey sites, with over 10 million members. This will give you the best variety of survey options out there.
- MyPoints: A site that rewards you for completing surveys, as well as for shopping online, watching videos, and more.
- Pinecone Research: A site that pays you to survey and review products. They also have a $3 sign-up bonus.
Another thing we recommend is creating a second email account to use to sign up for these sites. That way you’ll have a place to store all your survey invitations without cluttering your regular inbox.
Stay at home moms have one of the toughest jobs out there. Online surveys are a great way for moms to earn some extra cash without taking their focus off their children. It costs nothing to get started, and once you get going, you’ll find they’re the perfect complement to your busy, wonderful lifestyle.