Survey Junkie is a popular paid online survey site. I gave in to my curiosity and in the end, I actually earned a little extra money by doing activities online after registering at Survey Junkie. If you’re searching for an easy way to earn extra money in your leisure time, Survey Junkie is worth a shot.
Now, even with that minor endorsement in mind, you might still be wondering, is Survey Junkie legit? Well, here’s a full Survey Junkie review, which includes everything you need to know before making an account.
Table of Contents
- What is Survey Junkie?
- Is Survey Junkie Legit?
- Is Survey Junkie Safe?
- How to Register with Survey Junkie
- How to Earn Money Online with Survey Junkie
- 1. Survey Junkie Surveys
- 2. Survey Junkie Pulse
- Noteworthy Features of Survey Junkie
- 1. Earning Features
- 2. Earning Potential
- 3. Points Value
- 4. Contacting Customer Service
- 5. Flexibility
- Can you use Survey Junkie on your phone?
- How do I Redeem My Points on Survey Junkie?
- Other Methods to Earn Money on Survey Junkie
- Who is Survey Junkie Best For?
- How Does Survey Junkie Compare to Other Survey Sites?
- Survey Junkie vs Swagbucks
- Survey Junkie vs InboxDollars
- Pros About Survey Junkie
- Cons About Survey Junkie
- Final Verdict – Is Survey Junkie Worth It?
- Is it possible to make money using Survey Junkie?
- Is Survey Junkie Really Paying You?
- Is there a large number of Survey Junkie surveys to complete?
- Is it necessary to verify your email address with Survey Junkie?
- Can you cheat on Survey Junkie?
- How can I get $20 on PayPal?
- How long does it take to get your earnings with Survey Junkie?
- How does the SJ Pulse Program operate?
- Survey Junkie is available in which countries?
- Is it possible to earn more money with Survey Junkie hacks?
- Is there a referral program for Survey Junkie members?
- Survey Junkie
- Ease of use
- Customer Service
What is Survey Junkie?
Survey Junkie is one of the most established and trusted online survey sites out there. Survey Junkie is an online market research industry that rewards users with a few points for completing online surveys, surfing the web, and filling out personal questionnaires.
Survey Junkie was founded in 2011 by DISQO, a consumer insights platform. Survey Junkie’s more than decade-long history and accreditation by the Better Business Bureau attest to its legitimacy.
DISQO, Survey Junkie’s parent brand, is hired by brands to collect customer insights and data on their behalf. Survey Junkie mainly facilitates the collection of information.
There are over 10 million Survey Junkie users that participate in taking surveys to share their opinions and make their views represented. They can redeem points for complete surveys with cash or free gift cards.
Seems pretty legit, right? No? Well, keep on reading!
Is Survey Junkie Legit?
TL;DR – Yes, it is.
Sorry, no, you were looking for more deets, maybe as to how and why it’s legit, beyond the accreditation, reputation, and the tens of millions of regular users.
Yes, even with these in mind, you might still be wondering if Survey Junkie is even legitimate at this point. After all, it seems weird that a company would pay you to for completing simple surveys, even if the payment is minimal.
So let’s get one thing straight (like I haven’t tried to already);
Yes, Survey Junkie is a legitimate company.
Yes, they reward you with real money (among other things, should you prefer).
Yes, Survey Junkie is a legitimate website with millions of satisfied consumers. In fact, the site now holds a Trustpilot star rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars based on over 40,000 customer reviews.
The Better Business Bureau (BBB) has also accredited the company since 2017, and they’ve earned a solid “B” rating on the platform. Survey Junkie had an average star rating of 4.32 out of 5 stars from BBB reviewers, which is extremely good considering the online survey community.
This survey program awards points you can exchange for Paypal cash or electronic gift cards to various businesses. While conducting paid surveys with SJ will not make you rich, the website and its app are not a scam.
See Related: Best Survey Junkie Hacks to Make More Money
Is Survey Junkie Safe?
TL;DR – Yes, despite all the info they ask for.
The Survey Junkie app asks for a lot of information. In fact, you are required to share some personal data to join a survey panel. In some cases, you may be required to provide more sensitive information to participate in more relevant targeted surveys.
But rest assured that Survey Junkie is reliable and your personal information is handled with total security. Survey Junkie contains cookies, both session cookies that expire when you close your browser and persistent cookies that remain until they are discarded.
These cookies are data packets that do not harm your computer but gather information. You can delete those cookies if you don’t want this. And Survey Junkie has an SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure.
How to Register with Survey Junkie
If you think this online survey app is for you, let’s go over where and how to register. It takes about two minutes to register with Survey Junkie. Before you can create an account on SurveyJunkie, you must provide the following personal information:
- Postal code/zip code
- Home country
- Date of birth
- First name
- Last name
You can also register with the following account for easier access and other surveys:
- Facebook account
- Google account
- Email address
You can start filling out your profile after signing up. According to Survey Junkie, filling in more details will enhance your chances of receiving more surveys and survey opportunities with higher payouts. It’s because market research firms want specific categories of people to conduct surveys.
As shown in the image above, they inquire about profile questions, whether you have a pet, what type of smartphone you use, where you purchase certain products, or how much time you spend watching television. You receive a few points for each completed profile, so don’t skip them if you want to start gathering points quickly!
How to Earn Money Online with Survey Junkie
Survey Junkie offers two ways to earn points that you can redeem for cash or gift cards through market research and advising brands.
1. Survey Junkie Surveys
The most common method for making more money with Survey Junkie is by taking online surveys (with a name like Survey Junkie?! Really?!). You can begin taking paid surveys as soon as you create an account and redeem your 25-point sign-up bonus.
You can find a list of surveys on your account dashboard. Before you click on more surveys, you can see how many points you’ll receive and how long the assignment will take — for example, a 10-minute survey might take 40 points. You can select the research activity you desire, such as online focus groups, product testing, or phone surveys.
You’re not just answering general questions like economics or your health when you use Survey Junkie. The questions are specific and allow you to convey your thoughts. As a result, brands are able to provide better products and services, and you become a market research company influencer!
2. Survey Junkie Pulse
The second option to earn easy money with Survey Junkie is through their SJ Pulse add-on program. It allows you to share your online activities with brands in exchange for Survey Junkie rewards. This is accomplished via a browser extension or via the Survey Junkie mobile app.
After the extension learns more about your browser patterns and habits, it will unlock more surveys relevant to your personal experience, and tracks the following activity:
- What you search for
- Websites you explore
- Shopping activity
- Advertisements you see
- The content you interact with
Learning about users’ browsing habits inherently raises privacy concerns in some folks, which the website addresses in the following manner:
- Like most surveys, the information is shared to influence brands anonymously, so the insight is shared, not the survey takers’ personal background.
- The plugin ignores confidential information such as email addresses, account numbers, passwords, and usernames.
- Still nervous? You can open a private/incognito window to browse privately while the extension is activated.
See Related: Best Survey Sites to Make Money Fast
Noteworthy Features of Survey Junkie
1. Earning Features
Survey Junkie allows you to share your insights to help determine the future of products and services that are relevant to you. Unlike many survey sites, Survey Junkie only provides two ways to earn points and payouts. You can earn points by taking surveys, and by recording online browsing, searching, and shopping behaviors via SJ Pulse.
SJ Pulse may be a simple way to get extra points in addition to completing surveys since you can add a browser extension for easier access to rewards. All data collected by Survey Junkie is encrypted before being transferred to the entities performing the research.
2. Earning Potential
According to Survey Junkie’s website, the number of times individuals commit and how they participate, including their earning goals, impact how much they can make. Taking online surveys is not often a substantial source of income, and earning on Survey Junkie is no exception.
According to Survey Junkie, the average survey completion time is 15 minutes, which means a user needs significant time to make meaningful money. For example, the site claims that completing three surveys daily pays users up to $40 per month, which is a top of gas, a round of drinks, or a hearty take-out dinner.
3. Points Value
Each user point is worth 1 cent. So 500 points are worth $5, which is the bare minimum for users to cash out. That’s not a bad chunk of extra money for those who satisfy this easy requirement by taking surveys and surfing the web.
The points you earn are not based on the projected time to complete a survey or the number of questions. Some surveys may not be worth the time spent by users. Spending 20 minutes to earn a few cents may not be a good use of your time, but only you can be the judge of that.
4. Contacting Customer Service
You can’t phone or email if you can’t find the answer you’re looking for on the Survey Junkie website. Instead, you must fill out a “Contact Customer Support” form on the company’s website. You may be able to contact Survey Junkie’s customer service via its Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook pages. Having done a little digging about Survey Junkie’s customer support from a user’s standpoint, getting the help you need is a bit of a mixed bag.
Survey Junkie’s flexibility varies, particularly when purchasing gift cards and completing online surveys. Users can pay out a minimum of 500 points using PayPal or a direct transfer to a bank account. Although they can purchase e-gift cards, consumers may need to contact a Survey Junkie employee to finalize the transaction. And it could be inconvenient for some.
Additionally, customers that log in on a computer rather than a mobile device have access to many surveys. SJ Pulse members can also access other surveys. Users who join SJ Pulse must consent to Survey Junkie tracking their internet activities.
More surveys are matched on SJ Pulse because of the data provided in the platform regarding user information compared to those who only answer the surveys. However, surveys do not remain available all the time.
Most fill up within 24 to 48 hours, according to Survey Junkie. Most have a maximum number of persons who can participate, and higher-value surveys will naturally fill up faster. Users with access to the platform throughout the day have the best chance of participating in higher-paying surveys before they fill up.
See Related: Ways to Get Paid To Do Very Easy Surveys
Can you use Survey Junkie on your phone?
When testing a survey site, I also look for how easy it is to use on mobile devices, as doing surveys on your mobile device makes it quicker and easier to do whenever you have a few extra minutes.
The fact that you can download the Survey Junkie app and access surveys on the fly is a bonus for me. The website is also properly designed and performs great on mobile, so if you don’t want to download the app, you can simply use your browser to log in on your phone.
So, if you want to be able to do surveys on the go, the Survey Junkie app can help.
How do I Redeem My Points on Survey Junkie?
One point equals one cent when you take surveys with Survey Junkie. So surveys with a payout of 100 points will earn you $1. To cash out, you must have $5 in your account (500 points).
You can select cash payout through PayPal or choose bank transfer to your bank account. The third redemption option is electronic gift cards.
Here are some examples of gift cards:
To cash out, Survey Junkie will ask to verify your identification. And it includes giving your home location and phone number. Sometimes, you wait until the following business day for someone to contact you and verify your identity.
Other Methods to Earn Money on Survey Junkie
Survey Junkie is more on paid surveys, but there are other methods to get money on the site. When you complete your profile, you will be asked to approve or deny participation in the following activities:
- Product Testing (using free items and giving your honest opinion about them).
- Online Focus Groups (an online meeting with a group of people and sharing opinions about a product or service).
- Focus Group in Person (an in-person meeting with other Survey Junkie users).
- Phone Poll (a phone interview about a specific product or service).
See Related: How to Get Paid Getting People to Take Surveys
Who is Survey Junkie Best For?
While making money to take surveys may sound too good to be true, Survey Junkie is as legitimate a survey site as you’ll find. But remember, taking surveys on Survey Junkie will not make you rich. Thus, the Survey Junkie site is best for:
- People looking for extra cash – Survey Junkie is ideal for those looking for a little dollars. Just log in during your downtime, do a survey or two, and earn some quick cash.
- People saving for holiday gifts, vacations, and other expenses – Earning little sums of money and saving it throughout the year is an excellent method to save for Christmas gifts, vacations, and other expenses.
- People with limited free time – Anyone can do surveys, even if they only have a few minutes spare.
- People who appreciate providing feedback – If you enjoy providing feedback on advertisements, products, and services, Survey Junkie is a perfect place for you. Many of their polls pay as low as $0.50, and you may be eligible for no more than $10 in surveys in a given week. When doing surveys at the base end of the pay scale, you can only make $1 to $4 per hour, which isn’t much.
As a result, Survey Junkie is more of a “side hustle” than a way to earn a living wage. It’s also a poorer alternative for those who need consistent side income because you may not be approved for every survey and it may take a bit of a time investment to start earning meaningful amounts of moolah.
How Does Survey Junkie Compare to Other Survey Sites?
Users can make money by taking surveys on various websites and apps. Here’s how Survey Junkie compares to other survey sites:
Survey Junkie vs Swagbucks
Swagbucks, another huge brand in this industry, pays you to take surveys, view videos, shop online, and in certain situations, visit specific websites.
Survey Junkie allows you to earn money online by taking surveys, browsing the web, and completing profile questionnaires, while Swagbucks offers more through shopping online and in-store, taking surveys, watching movies, searching online, signing up for offers or free samples, and even playing games.
The payout option for Swagbucks includes PayPal, Visa Prepaid, gift card, or paycheck. And the minimum payout threshold for Swagbucks is $1, and for Survey Junkie, it’s $5.
See Related: Swagbucks Review: Is It Legit or a Scam?
Survey Junkie vs InboxDollars
There are numerous ways to earn money on InboxDollars, such as watching videos, playing games, shopping online through the website, completing cash offers, reading emails, and taking surveys. Compared to Survey Junkie, which only offers taking surveys, surfing the web, and filling out profile information.
The payout option for InboxDollars includes PayPal, check, or gift card, while it’s only cash or e-gift cards for Survey Junkie. There’s a big minimum payout threshold for InboxDollars, which is $15 for new users; $10 thereafter. It means you have to participate in a lot of activities before earning.
As for Survey Junkie, there is less effort required since you can payout after collecting $5.
See Related: InboxDollars vs Swagbucks: What Site is Better?
Pros About Survey Junkie
- Convenience – Survey Junkie is fantastic since you can earn money from the comfort of your own home with minimal effort. You can complete surveys if you have a phone or laptop and an internet connection. So, whenever you have free time during the day, whether sitting in line or watching TV at home, you might be making money with Survey Junkie.
- Earn Money While You’re On the Go – Any device that connects to the internet will allow you to earn money. It’s ideal for those unscheduled 5-minute intervals. Plus, the questions aren’t hard and there are no wrong answers – all you have to do is tell what you think about products and advertisements!
- Favorable Payout Options – Survey Junkie pays via some of the most popular channels available. You could select PayPal, Amazon e-gift cards, or gift cards to other major stores you patronize. They’ve also introduced a bank transfer option, making it simple to claim rewards!
- Ease of Use – Some survey sites make things complicated by offering various activities through which you can earn money. But it’s all about available surveys with Survey Junkie. There’s no need to figure out sophisticated criteria for maximizing your revenue. Several companies, for example, “pay” individuals through “offers,” which require you to sign up for a trial subscription to an offer. You don’t do deals with Survey Junkie, so there’s no need to try to cancel before you’re charged.
- Extra Money For Your Attempts – There will be numerous surveys for which you will not be eligible, but don’t worry! Every time you begin the survey procedure and discover you do not qualify to complete it, you will be granted a modest number of points (typically 3 points) simply for trying! So, even if you don’t meet the survey standards, you get something for your time.
- Receive bonus points by signing up and completing a few brief tasks – Signing up is completely free. And even available surveys for which you do not qualify, as long as you click and try, you get points.
- Options for flexible cash-out – You can redeem points for a gift card, PayPal Cash, or a bank transfer. And there is also a reasonable payment threshold.
Cons About Survey Junkie
It would be unfair to limit this assessment to the advantages of Survey Junkie. So, here are a few things to consider as you decide whether or not to join.
- Surveys tend to fill up quickly – If you don’t check your Survey Junkie account frequently, you’ll most likely lose out on opportunities. You may even begin a survey only to discover that it has already been completed.
- Surveys work best on a computer – While you can complete surveys on mobile devices such as smartphones, they are best completed on a desktop or laptop computer. It can make it less handy for people on the go.
- You may not be eligible for all surveys – It’s common to begin a survey, answer a few preliminary screening questions, and then be excluded from that survey. As a result, you may waste some time trying to get into a survey that you can actually finish for the overall point value.
- The survey topics are not specified – The survey listings contain no information on the survey’s subject. So you have no idea if it’s a topic you’d be interested in or if you have much to say about it. It would save you time if you could determine whether the survey topic is of interest to you ahead of time.
- Only residents of the United States, Canada, and Australia are eligible to participate – Survey Junkie is only available to a few countries limiting others to joining.
Final Verdict – Is Survey Junkie Worth It?
So is Survey Junkie worth it? Is it a viable option to supplement your income? Definitely yes. Survey Junkie is created for people who enjoy sharing, especially those who do a lot of shopping. In that sense, you should put it in the refund bracket rather than the making money area.
You receive money back based on your purchasing history. That means the more you buy, the more money you can make from surveys. It is a crucial distinction since Survey Junkie is not a substitute for developing good spending habits or working on your budget. Because earnings are directly related to consumer activity, the less you spend, the less your time is worth.
Survey Junkie pays you for purchasing something. They learn from your habits to help businesses offer their products or services more effectively. Thus, it is still a valid option to supplement your income.
I used to believe that taking paid surveys was a waste of time. But I’ve come around to this idea as a side hustle because it’s easy to navigate. It is also less obtrusive than other platforms for survey sites.
Although the dollar signs aren’t huge and won’t replace your full-time job (not easily anyway), we’re talking about some extra cash here. All you need is a few minutes every day to earn potentially a couple of hundred dollars per month.
Consider what you could buy with a few additional dollars each month. The second cup of coffee! A beer for you and your companion! A portion of your phone bill! Maybe even an adult Happy Meal!
So here are my final comments on Survey Junkie: give it a shot. I did my best to give you the gen, but you won’t know how it works for you unless you try it!
Is it possible to make money using Survey Junkie?
Yes, you can make legitimate money with Survey Junkie, but the real question is, “How much can I make?” ” In other words, is it worthwhile to invest your time?
Let’s just say this isn’t a viable career path. It can be a fantastic substitute for squandering time on YouTube or getting into Twitter arguments. Why not make some dollar bills instead of scrolling?
You may even take surveys while watching Netflix to earn money while you relax.
Is Survey Junkie Really Paying You?
Yes, Survey Junkie will recognize your points in exchange for cash or gift cards. They can do this because your ideas, together with the opinions of thousands of other people, are valuable to firms developing new products and services.
These businesses hire Survey Junkie to determine how their new items will be perceived in the market before investing time and resources in developing them. And Survey Junkie requires your assistance in delivering its part of the bargain – public opinion. (Hence its willingness to pay for your time.)
Of course, public opinion isn’t the only aspect product researchers take into account, but it’s one piece of a larger puzzle that goes into the research process.
Is there a large number of Survey Junkie surveys to complete?
When you join Survey Junkie, you may be flooded with surveys to complete. However, consumers often qualify for 1 to 4 surveys per week.
Consider this: most Survey Junkie customers earn enough money each month to cover their Netflix habit. However, I’ve heard of Survey Junkie users earning more than $200 per month when they fall into an ideal target group.
Is it necessary to verify your email address with Survey Junkie?
One advantage is that you do not have to validate your email address before accessing your Survey Junkie account and taking surveys. But you will have to authenticate it before receiving customer service or receiving a payout.
Can you cheat on Survey Junkie?
There is no way to cheat on Survey Junkie because the only method to earn points is to take and complete surveys. To rack up points rapidly, you must be diligent and constantly check your email for new survey chances.
How can I get $20 on PayPal?
Survey Junkie provides a quick and easy approach to earning $20 in PayPal cash in a short amount of time. You’ll get $0.50 to $3 for each survey you complete, and you can payout for a PayPal transfer once you’ve earned at least $5 in prizes.
How long does it take to get your earnings with Survey Junkie?
You can complete a PayPal transfer from Survey Junkie in a second. When you’re ready, you can redeem your rewards for electronic gift cards.
How does the SJ Pulse Program operate?
After creating a profile on Survey Junkie, you can optimize your benefits by downloading the Pulse app. You can earn additional points for each survey you complete with this browser extension, and you can also gain access to unique incentives by sharing your browsing history. If you have this browser extension installed on your computer, you will also be eligible for additional surveys.
Survey Junkie is available in which countries?
Only a few states have access to Survey Junkie. The countries are as follows: the United States, Canada, Australia, and as of 2022, the United Kingdom. To join, you must be at least 18 years old.
If you live in one of these nations, it may be worthwhile to join and earn some extra money.
Is it possible to earn more money with Survey Junkie hacks?
One of the legitimate free money tricks for Survey Junkie is to be cautious about which surveys are worthy of your time. Remember, if the site discovers that you lied about your demographics to obtain higher-paying surveys, it will reject your responses, and you will not be compensated for your time. Sign up for various survey sites so that you always have a consistent stream of surveys to pick from.
Is there a referral program for Survey Junkie members?
Survey Junkie users do not yet have access to a referral program. There is an affiliate scheme via which content authors can earn $1.50 for each referral. You can apply for its referral program by clicking here.