There are dozens of survey companies out there that claim to pay you for your feedback/opinion on specific product(s). Survey Money Machines is one of them.
Can you complete surveys with them and get paid? Is it a scam or a legitimate site? We get it; you probably have a lot of questions in mind. That’s what we’ll be covering in this updated review.
Want to Make Money Online?
- Survey Junkie: The world's largest survey site to make extra cash. Try Now for Free
- Lifepoints: Answer questions about what matters most in life and earn free gift cards along with it! Claim Your Bonus
- Swagbucks: Get started with your points today by shopping online, playing video games or searching the web. Claim Your Bonus
Without wasting much time, let’s get started.
What Is Survey Money Machines?
Survey Money Machines is a paid survey portal which was founded in 2005 by Hailey Gates. It’s more of a referral marketing platform than a standalone one. This means they will select from a pool of actual survey websites and send you there via their unique referral link(s).
There’s nothing wrong with the approach, but since it’s a middleman site, there’s a fair chance it could promote anything just to make a quick buck. As one might expect, it’s free to get started.
So, is Survey Money Machines legit? Yes, it sure is.
Moreover, the legit ones you complete won’t pay you more than $2-3 after you trade roughly 30-45 minutes of your time. If $2-3 an hour sounds good, surveys are for you. Else not. However, there are multiple ways to earn with SMM:
Since it’s more of a ‘market research’ company, it’s partnered with more than 200 other websites. In other words, the owner gets a commission every time you sign up for a service or complete a survey through this site’s links.
Since it’s a middleman website, it’s free to get started with the platform. Simply enter your email address, set a password and you’re ready to roll. The website owner Hailey will also send you access to a 7-day email course to help you in your journey.
You will be suggested a handful survey websites (she’s affiliated with all of them), and she will get a credit if you decide to join. The more you take action, the richer she gets.
Moreover, some of her recommended websites don’t even pay in cash, they credit points! Keep collecting points, and after you hit a certain threshold, you’re eligible to withdraw your earnings.
See Related: Can You Make Thousands With iPAS2 or Is It a Scam?
Things We Liked
- Since it’s a referral website, there’s a good chance they keep track of the best survey sites out there. If the website cares about its reputation, it will pick the best ones for its audience. This way, it can save you a lot of time since you won’t have to do any research.
- It’s free to get started, no credit card details are required.
- Anyone can do this, no specialized skills are needed.
Things We Didn’t Like
- Income potential – surveys aren’t really the best considering the amount of time you’ll put in. There are way better business models for making a living working online. However, the monetary reward isn’t really worth it if you think about it. ($2-3 per hour)
- You need to cross a set payment threshold (with most companies) to withdraw money. Very few platforms pay directly, TryMyUI being one of them.
- Lack of privacy – since you’re trading your opinion for cash, you’d be handing out a lot of personal information to random websites (for pennies).
- The 7-day survey course recommends many survey sites, but those are all affiliate links. There’s a chance you’re suggested to join these just because it’s profitable for the owner.
- Available only for people living in the US, UK, Canada, and Australia.
- Most of these sites pay in points which you’re supposed to redeem for cash at some stage.
See Related: Google Sniper Review: Legitimate or a Scam?
Conclusion – Is Survey Money Machines a Scam?
No, it can’t be considered a scam. However, it’s a middleman/referral website so there can be trust issues since you’ll have to take every suggestion with a grain of salt.
If you’ve found overly positive Survey Money Machines reviews, chances are they are affiliated with the product and are just trying to get you to join through their unique referral links.
It’s free to get started with the platform so there’s no risk involved. You can give it a go if you want to take some surveys anyway. However, you shouldn’t expect to make big money with them since the income potential is clearly limited. We’re talking less than $5 an hour.
Looking To Make Your First Dollar Online?
We got your back. If you’re looking to work from home, we can help you get started in the right direction. Affiliate marketing is one of our favorite business models and for a good reason. It can help you achieve financial, location and time-freedom in time.
Our top recommendation has helped hundreds of people escape their 9-5 day jobs and has helped them earn a realistic 4-5 figure per month online. It has been going strong for more than a decade now, and the strategies have stood the test of time.
It will ask for some investment of your time and efforts though. If you’re ready to start your own profitable online business and finally increase the monthly cash flow your businesses generate, we highly recommend you give it a shot. If you ask us, it’s totally worth it.