Virtual Vocations is a job board that connects candidates with employers and also offers some advice on how to find a job and build your career. The service is free to use, so if you’re looking for work and want to try something new, it might be worth checking out.
Table of Contents
What is Virtual Vocations?
Virtual Vocations is a job board for virtual assistants, transcriptionists, and other online freelance jobs. The site allows you to browse through your options based on category (such as writing), location (New York City), or skills (editing). You can also set up notifications for new jobs in the area of your choice.
The site is free to use but there are premium subscriptions available if you want access to more features like resume posting and real-time updates on job status.
There are thousands of jobs available on the site and it’s easy to search through them. You can also set up notifications for new jobs in the area of your choice. The site is free to use but there are premium subscriptions available if you want access to more features like resume posting and real-time updates on job status.
The Job Board
The Job Board is a good way to find jobs, but it’s not the only way to find them. Different job boards are not all the same, and you might need to try a few before you find one that works for your needs. If you’re just starting out on your job search, searching through the Job Board can help give you an idea of what kinds of jobs are available in your area and what employers are looking for in their employees.
However, if you’ve been working at home for a while or have experience in a certain field, it may be better to skip this step and jump straight into applying directly through individual employer websites or using other methods like cold calling (which we’ll discuss next).
How to Sign Up for Virtual Vocations
To sign up for Virtual Vocations, follow these steps:
- Click on the link at the bottom of this article to access their website.
- Enter your email address and password, then click “create account.” A new page will appear with a form that asks for details about your experience in virtual assisting and how much you want to be paid per hour (more on that below). Fill out this information as completely as possible—it’ll help determine which jobs are best suited for you on the platform—then click “submit” in the top-right corner of your screen.
- You’ll be prompted to enter payment information; once you’ve done so, click “continue” and go through another two screens that explain more about how Virtual Vocations works before reaching another page where you can start searching through job listings!
Why Bother with Virtual Vocations?
You may have heard the term “virtual vocation” before. For example, you might have a friend or family member who works from home for an online company such as Amazon or Etsy. You may have even considered starting your own business and becoming a virtual assistant yourself!
But what exactly is a virtual vocation? And how do you get started? Let’s take a closer look at this often-misunderstood job description:
- You can work from home* – When compared to traditional jobs that require commuting, telecommuting offers employees more flexibility in terms of hours, location and pace of work. The ability to choose when and where to log in makes it easier for many people with childcare responsibilities or those who want more quality time away from the office than they could ever get while sitting at their desks during regular business hours.
- You can work part-time or full-time* – Many positions offered by freelance sites allow users to set their own schedules; this means that you could find yourself working only 15 hours per week if that’s all that’s available within your desired timeframe (or vice versa). This also means that some positions may be open 24/7/365—giving remote workers greater control over when they take breaks throughout each day without worrying about missing out on important deadlines because their boss doesn’t understand personal life issues like illness or death in the family;
The Pros and Cons of Virtual Vocations
Pros of Virtual Vocations
- If you have a background in social media, this platform can be a great way to leverage your skills and make some extra money.
- There are many different types of jobs that you can do on this platform, so it’s likely that there will be something for everyone.
Cons of Virtual Vocations
- The pay is not as high as other platforms and may only be enough for supplemental income.
Virtual Vocations is an online marketplace where you can sell your services as a virtual assistant (VA). VAs perform tasks such as writing content and managing social media accounts for clients who need help with their businesses but don’t have the time or resources to do it themselves.
Is Virtual Vocations Legit?
You can’t really blame them. There are a lot of financial scams out there, and this one is particularly devious and hard to spot. Let’s take a look at Virtual Vocations in more detail:
- The company has been around since 2007, which is good news for you because it means they’ve been around for long enough to prove that the business model works.
- They have an “A+” rating with the BBB (Better Business Bureau), which should also give you some peace of mind when making your decision about whether or not to join up with them.
- According to their website, they have over $200 million in total revenues earned by their affiliates during 2015 alone! That number shows how popular they are with people looking for work online.
Should You Use Virtual Vocations?
Virtual Vocations is a program that claims to help you achieve your dream lifestyle by teaching you how to work at home.
While the company does provide some useful information, there are many things about this business that leaves us suspicious of its legitimacy.
Is Virtual Vocations Worth It?
Virtual Vocations is a legit site with real jobs. You can use it to find job opportunities that match your location and skills, or look for opportunities in other cities that you may be interested in.
If you’re someone who wants to move around, Virtual Vocations provides an excellent way for finding jobs that fit your skill set and location preferences.
However, if you’re looking for a more traditional work environment where there’s a high likelihood of getting promoted within the company, Virtual Vocation may not be appropriate because there are no guarantees about whether or not you’ll get hired by one of these companies at all!
What’s the verdict? Is Virtual Vocations legit? If you’re not sure, we recommend checking out this other review of VirtualVocations.com by a real employee who has used it and can tell you exactly what they think.