In many places, turning 16 means you’re old enough to make a big change in your life – getting your driver’s license! Before you hit the road, though, there’s one thing you need to take care of… getting a car.
Some 16-year-olds have cars given to them, but most of us aren’t that lucky. If you find yourself needing money for a car (or for any other reason), checking out online jobs for 16-year-olds is a great way to get what you need.
Where Do You Start?
There are a lot of job opportunities online for 16-year-olds. The best place to figure out where to start is to examine what you’re good at.
Are you a Photoshop whiz?
Can you knit with anything you lay your hands on? Are you skilled at helping others learn? Do you have a lot of opinions?
Taking some time to understand your skills will help you make good choices in online jobs.
Related Resources: Best Online Jobs for 14-Years-Old that Pay
Be an Online Tutor
If school is your thing, you may want to look into becoming an online tutor. It is among the online jobs for 16-year-olds. There are tons of students out there who could use a little extra help in some of the classes you’re acing. With the internet, you can get in touch with these students and give them the extra help they need.
A close cousin to this type of work is helping people who want to learn English. There are services out there that will connect you with language learners looking for help.
Some people just want to sit down and have a conversation with a native English speaker so they can practice their grammar. Getting paid to chat is not a bad way to go!
See Related: Ways to Get Paid to Use Jasper.ai
Sell Your Wares
If you’re a crafting genius, check out sites like Etsy and Ebay. Some of these sites may require you to have someone older than 18 open an account, but that doesn’t mean you can’t sell your creations and reap the profit!
A quick glance through Etsy will show you that there’s no end to the creative things you can make and sell online.
Find something that you do well, take a few pictures, and be sure to stay on top of mailing things out in time. As your reputation on the site grows you’ll have the opportunity to sell more and more (and earn more money!)
Related Resources: Ways to Get Paid to Try Products
Share Your Thoughts
Some of the biggest companies in the world want to know what you think about their products. In fact, they’re so interested that they’re willing to pay you for them!
Filling out online surveys is perfect for anyone looking for online jobs for 16-year-olds. It’s easy to get involved with, fun to do, and has the potential to make you lots of money.
The key to making money in online surveys is taking as many surveys as possible. This may sound obvious, but you’d be surprised at the number of people who sign up for one or two sites and expect to rake in hundreds a week.
While you can make a lot of money on surveys, the only way to do so is to sign up for as many sites as possible. Here are a few of our favorites to get you started:
- Survey Junkie – Survey Junkie is a great way to make some extra money in your spare time. All you need to do is sign up for free, and you can start taking surveys immediately. You’ll get paid per survey, and you can cash out once you reach $10.
- InboxDollars – InboxDollars is similar to Survey Junkie, but they also offer opportunities to earn cash by watching videos, reading emails, and shopping online. You can also get a $5 bonus just for signing up.
- Swagbucks – Swagbucks is another great survey site that offers many different ways to earn money. You can take surveys, shop online, watch videos, and more. You’ll also get a $5 bonus just for signing up.
- Pinecone Research – Pinecone Research is a great survey site that pays very well for each survey you complete. They also have a great selection of products to test, so it’s a great option if you want to make money testing products.
- Vindale Research – Vindale Research is another great survey site that pays very well for each survey you complete. They also have a great selection of products to test, so it’s a great option if you want to make money testing products.
A quick tip: never sign up for a site that asks you to pay before they’ll send you surveys. They’re just trying to scam you! Stick with the sites that will help you out for free.
Once you sign up you’ll start noticing invitations for surveys arriving in your inbox. If you don’t get many right away, make sure to complete as many profile surveys as possible. The more each survey site knows about you the better it will be able to hook you up with surveys.
Another rookie mistake people make when trying to make an income with surveys is not sticking with it. There’s no limit on the amount of money you can make, but if you just let the surveys sit in your inbox you won’t make anything. In order to keep up with survey taking, make it fun.
Play some music while you work, put on your favorite TV show, or maybe even get your friends involved. If you can make survey-taking fun you’ll be more likely to stick with it.
Getting involved with any of these online job opportunities will quickly put you well on your way to a viable income. Before you know it you’ll have the gas money you need to get anywhere you want to go.